In our schedule for today is also this tutorial on how to update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXUFMB3 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Official Test Firmware.
The means of installing it on the phone come with one part requirements and one part steps, both of whom are extra important.
waste a moment longer and read the following: make a full backup that must include the data on the device, use a factory unlocked S3 GT-I9300, charge the battery, turn on USB Debugging and get USB Drivers. To have the smartphone able to use root only applications, you should root it at the end of this procedure.
But there’s a long way to go for that. So until you have to do that, just follow the steps required for our guide. Here is the first one:
- Download and ODIN tool version 1.85 on the laptop. The first file needs to be extracted on your computer.
- To enter Download Mode for step number two, you need to turn the phone off and then do as follows: select at the same time the buttons for Home and Volume Down; now press Power until the logo of Android + a triangle come on the phone’s display. Press, for the third time, Power; and with that you’re in the required mode.
- For step three you should return to your laptop and launch Odin on it.
- Create a connection between the S3 I9300 and your laptop (with the USB cord of the former) and then opt for these:
– a file wearing CODE in the name it comes with; click on PDA to gain access to it;
– a file with MODEM in its title; tap Phone for this;
– a file that bears CSC in its name; you should click on CSC;
– a file named .pit; click on PIT.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Only do the above if such files exist; if they don’t, leave this step behind and move on to the fifth on the list: check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. If you opted for the .pit file, then you need to check Repartition. When you’re all done with this, click on Start.
- The installation of the update will now happen and the S3 GT-I9300 is going to welcome the update after a short restart.
- Step seven needs this to happen: disconnect the handset from the laptop to complete the process (but do it only after the home screen appears). Now take a trip to the Settings and choose About phone; this is required so that you can check the presence of the XXUFMB3 update on your smartphone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.