Galaxy S3 I9300 is going to befriend the likes of XXEMH4 Android 4.1.2 stock firmware in this tutorial. If you are seeking a way to endow your smartphone with many different goodies, then this tool is the answer.
With the new official firmware, your device is one step closer to achieving a great performance, new customization options as well as features, an enhanced battery and more.
perfect way to enjoy an updated phone is to carefully follow the steps we stored inside our guide. But before that, you need to acknowledge these pre-requisites:
- charge the device’s battery;
- create a backup that will store your phone’s data;
- only use the model which has its factory unlocked;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- get appropriate USB drivers for your phone and install them on your laptop;
- download the and Odin tool 3.07.exe from here on your notebook.
Since the firmware in here is an official one, the root access you may have on your handset will go away after the upate is performed. To make that turn around, you should root the smartphone again.
- Your first task consists of the following actions: extract the content of the I9300XXEMH4_I9300ODDEMI2_INU.zip archive and don’t do the same for the Gapps package.
- After that, you can power your phone off and then enter it in Download Mode; the route to that: press + hold Volume Down and Home at the same time, press Power, wait for Android’s logo to show up on the screen and then press, again, Power.
- The Odin tool you just downloaded on your laptop should be launched on it and then make sure you do the following: plug the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to the PC and then look around for an “Added!!” message and then for an ID:COM box port coloring itself in yellow; if they don’t appear, you will need to install the USB drivers again or make use of another USB port.
- Be sure to do the following up next: tap PDA, after that choose the file with a CODE in the name, tap Phone, choose a file which has MODEM in the name, click on CSC, opt for a file that has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file that comes with a .pit extension.
- Now that you are in Odin, you should also do this: locate the boxes that are called Repartition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then check all of them (the first one only if you already opted for the file with the .pit extension). Then stay where you are and tap “Start“.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After you’ve done that, we urge you to wait a bit until the update file has finished its flashing stage. Then have some patience again till the Galaxy S3 I9300 restarts automatically and pops its home screen up.
- After the latter happens, you can disconnect the handset from your notebook. The handset has finally gotten the Android 4.1.2 JB build XXEMH4 official ROM. And it’s located in the About Phone; the latter will become available after you open Settings from your phone’s Menu.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.