Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 (and also I9105P if you own that one instead) has a lot to say performance-wise. Even if not as much as the manufacturer’s most recent Galaxy S4.
A tool which would update this handset to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean was a long time coming. And this one is finally here. What we have in store for you today is something called Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. Learn from today’s guide how to update your phone with it. So far, we haven’t found an official version of this tool, but stick around and we will.
tutorial we have prepared for you so far have all contained some requirements. Without them, a gadget would not be able to enjoy a successful update (or rooting/unrooting) procedure. The pre-requisites that work with the Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 (or the I9105P version) are the following ones:
- find a “How to root” guide for this smartphone and use it;
- then make sure the handset is rooted by using an app called Root Checker;
- look for a custom recovery image online (the most popular and good ones are TeamWin Recovery Project and ClockworkMod Recovery, so choose one of them) and flash it on your handset;
- turn on USB debugging on the phone by going to Settings, choosing Mode, opting for Development Options and tapping on USB debugging;
- charge the battery that ships with this model;
- gather the very important content stored on your device and make backups out of it (don’t use, for this part, Samsung KIES).
You are now done with the requirements. And you are very close to having your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 updated to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version. Take a look at the steps below and follow them as instructed. Then, if you see no update on your smartphone, just repeat the tutorial until you do.
- We recommend, for the first step, to download the following zip files on your PC: and Google Apps archive, available here.
- Continue with the next step that’s telling you to plug your handset to your notebook via the phone’s USB cord. Now send both files from their place to a new one which must be the smartphone’s SD card root. Only after you do that can you switch the handset off.
- After the device is no longer on, you need to boot it into Download Mode. This action should be performed like this: press and hold together Volume Up, Home and Power; as soon as Android’s popular logo appears on the screen, the phone will be in the mode it should be in.
- Now you can do as follows: opt for Install zip from SD card. Then select the JB 4.2.2 firmware and wait for it to be flashed on the Galaxy S2 Plus I9105.
- The other zip file you had to download on your laptop and then send to a different place will also have to be installed on your smartphone. For that to happen, you need to repeat the actions required for the flashing of the Jelly Bean firmware.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After some waiting, both of the zip files will finally land on your phone. Once that is done, you should choose the phone’s restarting option.
- The handset is going to reboot into Normal Mode, thus in the firmware needed for its update. This tool is now in the device’s “About phone” section, so go have a look at it when you’re done with the steps above.
NOTE: To successfully make the smartphone display its home screen in case it doesn’t, you need to do this: take the battery out, insert it back in and boot the phone in Normal Mode. If the I9105 can’t boot up, we recommend doing the same.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.