Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G is in need of an update? Good timing, because we have a guide that tackles this question by providing, below, an answer on how to perform such an upgrade.
Before embarking on the steps to follow so that the smartphone gets its Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system, here are some words on what tool we will employ. The developer who made it called it Mysterious AOKP custom ROM.
There’s nothing that mysterious about it; it’s just an instrument which is meant to bring the newest OS version on your device, so that the latter is able of great results when it comes to general performance; also, its features are not that shabby, either.
an update will need, first of all, some very necessary pre-requisites; if they don’t grace us with their presence, a tutorial would be useless. Here are the requirements that work best with the Galaxy S2 I9100G: install a custom recovery image on the phone (we recommend either ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP), charge the battery integrated on the handset and create a backup of the data that’s on the S2 GT-I9100G.
Are you done with paying attention to the requirements we just finished adding here? If yes, then we will finally allow you to find out all about the steps which will bring the latest Google OS on your smartphone.
- Obviously, the guide starts with step number one: download, on your laptop, and Google Apps archive from this page.
- If the download of these 2 files went without issues, then you need to plug the handset to the computer for step number two. Also, you should copy the GApps and the Mysterious AOKP 4.2.2 from the desktop to the phone (make sure the location you are sending them to is the device’s SD card root for faster results).
- Step three should go like this: at the end of the transfer from earlier, you have to switch the Galaxy S2 I9100G off. Once you see that it’s no longer turned on, unplug it from the laptop.
- After this operation comes a second one: when the devices are no longer connected to one another, you have to enter the smartphone into recovery mode by following a couple of indications. Here they are: turn the handset on while pressing and holding the buttons for Home, Volume Up and Power simultaneously. Once you are in the recovery mode, the fourth step will prompt you to initiate a full phone’s data wipe.
- Step five is doing its job by telling you to find Flash zip from SD card; after locating this option, use Power to opt for it, then choose the Android 4.2.2 ROM archive from its place with the same Power key.
- Step six: confirm the installation of the file, then wait for it to happen. Now do the same to install the GApps on the S2 I9100G. When it’s all completed, you should opt for the system restarting when you are in the recovery menu. The whole procedure will need about five minutes.
Now’s the time to enjoy the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.