How to update
Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you ask? With SuperNexus 2.0 Build 3 ROM, we answer. Find out how from our tutorial.
Once you learn how to update your smartphone to the latest Android version, you should expect some of the following features: BusyBox, Official Jelly Bean Bootanimation (from Official Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2.1 Factory Image), no bloatware, HSPA+ Support, no 3rd Party App and so on.
To enjoy the update we mentioned, then make sure that your Galaxy S2 I91ooG is rooted (and CWM Recovery is on it), install and GApps archive from here on your laptop, use a PC that runs Windows, charge the phone’s battery, turn on USB Debugging on it, install USB Drivers for it on your computer and make a backup using this guide (include a NANDroid one, as well).
The first method
We will use two methods in our guide. One of them is targeted at those of you who update from a custom firmware (the Safe Philz Kernel is not included here).
- Plug the Galaxy S2 I9100G to your laptop, then move the ROM archive previously downloaded to the phone’s memory card.
- Turn off the device, then unplug it from your comp and press + hold Power, Home and Volume Up. After your phone is in the Recovery mode, you need to perform a full phone’s data wipe.
- Opt for Wipe Cache Partition, confirm by tapping on Yes, then select the installation from the phone’s memory card.
- Opt for Choose zip from SD card and then choose the SuperNexus 2.0 ROM zip file. To install it: press Yes.
- For step 5 you need to go back to the Recovery menu. When there, install the Google Apps zip file by doing what you did in step 4. Then go back to the main menu of the Recovery. Opt for Reboot System Now and the Galaxy S2 I9100G shall reboot into the desired update.
The second method
Our second method is aimed at users who update from the stock ROM or from any other official firmware.
- For step 1 you have to root the phone, then see if a custom recovery image is also on it (Root Checker is recommended for the checking action). Then press + hold Volume Up, Power and Home. When the device is in Recovery Mode, you should plug the handset to your laptop and then copy the SuperNexus 2.0 I9100G Build 3 ROM zip file to the SD card root of the smartphone.
- Step 2 will ask you the following: switch the device off.
- Unplug it from your laptop; afterwards, press and hold Power, Volume Up and Home. When the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G is, again, in the Recovery mode, you need to perform a full Factory Reset/Wipe Data; ignore this should you have updated from the first version of the same firmware. Now perform Wipe Cache Partition, confirm it and then opt for Install zip from SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 4 will tell you this: select Choose Zip from SD card.
- Opt for the ROM zip file that is in the downloaded folder place; install it by choosing Yes.
- Go back to the phone’s Recovery main menu and repeat the actions from this step to flash the Google Apps zip file. Return to the Recovery main menu, then opt for the system restarting; wait for the Galaxy S2 I9100G to reboot on its own.
Your GT-I9100G is finally updated to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with the help of the SuperNexus 2.0 Build 3 ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.