Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and its many owners can finally see their phone updated to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Our tutorial is completely dedicated to the necessary requirements and steps which will bring the update on it with X-Treme 7 custom ROM. The tool works very well and it comes with 100% stability.
Its creator is part of XDA Developer Forum. Among the many nice features that you will be able to try out if you follow our guide is the following: the possibility to choose 3 different ways of flashing. Each of them is very easy to use. Other features that are worthy of a mention: very responsive UI, dual panel, custom boot animation and so on.
you like what this ROM has in store for your phone if you update it? If you really do, then be sure to follow some steps that will arrive soon. But first, here are our pre-requisites: charge the battery of the S2 I9100, make a backup of the things that are very important, flash USB Drivers for this model on your comp, use only the model that is factory unlocked and turn on USB debugging.
Should you notice that the smartphone doesn’t recover from boot loop, you will have to take care of that like this: operate a complete wipe cache partition followed by a wipe Dalvik cache process; reboot the phone when you are done performing the two tasks.
- For the first step that’s part of today’s tutorial you will have to download on your laptop, plug the I9100 to the latter and then go to step number two.
- What you are supposed to do for this one should go like this: copy the X-Treme 7 ROM zip file to the handset’s memory card root directory and then turn the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 off. This will make it very easy to unplug the devices from each other and to afterwards enter the smartphone into Recovery Mode, which is achieved like this: press and at the same time hold Home, Volume Up and Power.
- Select Factory reset/Wipe data with Power. Up next: operate a complete wipe of the phone’s cache partition by opting for Wipe Cache Partition; now have some patience till everything settles down, then perform a wipe of the device’s Dalvik cache like this: choose the option called Wipe Dalvik Cache as soon as you go to the Advanced option in the phone’s Recovery Menu.
- Step four will need you to go back to the main Recovery Menu.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step five should happen in the following way: opt for Install zip from SD card, then select Choose zip from SD card.
- Step six will ask you to opt for the X-Treme 7 ROM zip file with Power and then to confirm the flashing of the firmware on your smartphone.
- Watch as the installation begins and, when it ends, make sure you go to ++++Go Back++++.
- Step eight: initiate the system restarting. Your work now is close to being done; the task that remains to be performed is this one: wait for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to reboot. After restarting the phone will be installed with the X-Treme 7 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.