We continue our adventures in custom ROM domain by telling our readers that there is a solution to their Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean dreams of landing on the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G.
People over at the xda-developers.com forum are the ones who created this new custom ROM that can update the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your GT-I9100G. The names behind it are Teamhacksung and Codeworkx. Who named it Jelly King custom ROM CM10. But they are not the official people to make this custom ROM legal. And this is why there are problems aboard it. Like bugs, for example, among other issues. So install it at your own risk and don’t blame us later if you run into unpleasantness.
take a better look at your device: if it’s not Samsung’s Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G, then stop right there. Because the steps we are about to list work only for this model. And they need to be read and followed like they are listed. Miss one of them and the installation process will end badly. The requirements needed for the completion of the process are simple. Your smartphone needs to have ClockworkMod Recovery on it.
Then you need to get these files to it: and SuperSU fix (). Make a backup that has to include all of the things you see as extremely valuable to you and you alone. Then you must check for the battery: if it has less than 70% power left, you need to recharge it. If it is already fully charged or at least over 70%, you can start reading the installation steps below.
- The first of them is to copy the following packages: the ROM and the SuperSU file, previously downloaded. They need to be copied to the device’s internal memory card.
- Step 2 is to make sure that the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G is switched off.
- The next step, number 3, requires you to enter in ClockworkMod Recovery mode by holding the keys named Home, Volume Up and Power. This is the only way in which the logo of the phone comes on the display.
- Which brings us to step 4: make a backup of the existing ROM by choosing the option Backup and Restore. And Backup again to finish the process.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 5 implies the return, once the backup ends, to the device’s recovery menu.
- The select of Factory reset/Wipe data and the confirmation of this is step 6.
- Which is followed by step 7, which means the installation of the ZIP file using the SD card > Choose ZIP file from memory card. It also requires the user to opt for the ROM’s ZIP file; and then the confirmation of installation.
- Step 8 says that you have to choose the installation of the ZIP file using the SD card > Choose ZIP file from memory card. And then the SuperSU fix file.
- The return to the phone’s recovery menu is step 9.
- Step 10 needs the selection of Wipe cache the entire partition. This action requires a confirmation, too.
- For step 11 you must opt for restarting the entire system. This selection means that the device will restart.
- The final step tells us to avoid the restoration of applications. And of system data.
The Jelly King custom ROM CM10 update comes with many niceties. Like Google Apps pre-installed, AROMA Touch Installer 2.5.1, Beats Audio Modded DSP Manager and a Walkman Music Player.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.