Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is, despite the newly launched Galaxy S4, a smartphone who is liked by many. In today’s guide we shall teach users of this model how exactly to get Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update on it with SentinelROM.
The latter is sure to bring improved battery, better overall performance, improved 3D gaming, additional user interface customization and so on.
to prepare your handset for this guide are upon us: for this guide you have to own a rooted S2 I9100 that also has a custom recovery image on it, turn on USB debugging in case it’s turned off, use the factory unlocked model, flash USB drivers for the smartphone on your laptop, charge the battery of this device so you won’t have with a phone that stops mid-way through and create a backup using our instructions (it’s best if you didn’t employ ROM Manager or KIES for this purpose).
- Step one that must be followed tells you to download Google Apps archive from here (you must select the file labelled gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip) and on your notebook, then plug the smartphone to the latter with the USB cord that comes with the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. The devices should be connected to each other after a couple of seconds’ wait.
- Which should prompt you to follow step number two asking you this: copy the two zip files you downloaded on your phone from there and transfer them to the SD card root of the S2 I9100.
- Step three will need you to switch the smartphone off.
- For the fourth step you will have to take the USB cord out of the two devices and then boot the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 into Recovery Mode; the procedure to use for this: press + simultaneously hold Home, Volume Up and Power.
- Step number five will require you to perform a NANDroid backup (you can use this guide for this action); here is how to do it: click Backup&Restore and afterwards tap on Backup.
- The sixth step you should be following needs you to do this: operate a complete data wipe by choosing Factory reset/Wipe data. After this is over, you have to opt for Wipe cache partition.
- Step seven will tell you to select Wipe dalvik cache. Once you are done with these couple of tasks, you need to go to step eight and do as follows: opt for Install zip from SD card with the help of Power.
- Now be sure to click Power so that you can opt for Choose zip from SD card. Next up is this: choose, with the same Power, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 SentinelROM firmware file.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Confirm this. Then have patience till the flashing of this tool ends.
- Step ten needs you to flash the Gapps archive by repeating steps number eight and nine. Check whether or not the two zip files have safely landed on your S2 I9100 and then return to the Recovery Menu.
- Step number eleven is the last one and it asks you to opt for the system restarting when you are in that Menu. The smartphone will reboot on its own now. Wait for a few minutes, then be sure to go to your handset’s “About phone“, because that’s the place where the SentinelROM should be displayed. If it’s not, then repeat this guide.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.