Ever since companies decided to feature their gadgets with the Jelly Bean later than promised, many consumers were left disappointed. So developers decided to give them solutions for that. Which came in the form of something later known as custom ROMs.
These custom ROMs come in different shapes and sizes. The ones that are better are those offered by CyanogenMod. That is because they are reported to feature many options to customize the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean in ways you see fit for your smartphone, tablet and so on. The most recent version is known as CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959. And it’s an official version, thankfully. But even if it is official, that does not make it safe against bugs and other problems. The reason for that is the fact that this custom ROM is in no way an update coming directly from the Samsung company.
A few warnings are in order before you start installing this ROM. It was created for the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant T959. Which means that you are going to get into trouble if you install it on a completely different device. Should you do that, we will not be the ones to be blamed for. Complete attention to the steps we are about to offer you is required.
first, here are the requirements we think are to be observed with attention before doing anything else. Your Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 has to sport a ClockworkMod Recovery on it. It should also feature CyanogenMod 9. If not, then CyanogenMod 7 is also good. The phone needs to have the new CyanogenMod 10 nightly build for this smartphone.
Then make sure to download (a file called gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip). The passwords, text messages, contacts and other data of the utmost importance to you must be saved before starting the installation of the custom ROM. So a backup is going to be the best option for that.
What follows next are the instructions that will bring the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean to your Galaxy S Vibrant T959. Read them well and concentrate on doing exactly what they say.
- First off, make sure to copy the GApps package ZIP files from here and also the CyanogenMod 10 ROM to the internal SD card of the device. Then simply switch the phone off.
- Booting it into Recovery is possible by doing the following: simultaneously press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power keys. Recovery will then boot (if you want to select something while you’re at this stage of the installation, the Power key is the one to help you with that; if you want to navigate, choose the button for Volume).
- The next step consists in the choosing of Factory reset/Wipe data. Confirm this on the next step. You need to afterwards opt to wipe the entire partition cache. This also needs a confirmation on the next step.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The following step says that you should return to the phone’s main menu. There you will have to select Advanced. Then Wipe Dalvikcache.
- The confirmation of this is also done on the next step. After that remember to choose the installation of the ZIP archive using the SD card.
- The next step is to select Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Select the CyanogenMod 10 ROM file and confirm the action on the next screen to flashing the custom ROM. This will almost end the process of installation.
- The next to final step is to opt for and locate a file called gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip. Then confirm the action on the next step.
- In the actual final step you have to return to the main menu.
- At the final step you must restart the entire system. And with that you are officially done the Vibrant SGH-T959 update to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.