With an appropriate tutorial, your Galaxy S I9000 is easy to upgrade to Android 4.2.2 RemICS JB AIO firmware. But why would you want to update your phone? Because you can look forward to a phone which will enchant you with all the new and cool stuff it shall acquire after the upgrade.
Apart from an improved battery life, you will be offered many possibilities to enhance not only the performance of your device, but also its looks, user interface and many other elements.
Through the update firmware we will teach you how to get on your Galaxy S GT-I9000, your smartphone will get new custom ROMs, tweaks, options, features and whatnot. Our guide is the way to see all of these in action.
to the update tool per se should begin with you concentrating your attention on these pre-requisites:
- root the handset with an appropriate tutorial;
- turn on USB Debugging (first open Settings, then click on Applications, opt for Development and look for the USB Debugging option to enable);
- charge the battery on your smartphone;
- create several backups to take care of your device’s most important content (don’t use Samsung’s Kies for this);
- download, on your laptop or comp, Google Apps pack (available here) and then the (file name: RemICS_JB_V7.1_AIO_i9000.zip).
- Once the requirements are followed through, you will be required to proceed with the steps that upgrade your smartphone to the necessary firmware. After the previous packages are safely downloaded + saved on your notebook, you should plug the phone to it (for which task you need the assistance of your handset’s USB cord).
- After the connection is established, you have to move the files from the laptop to the phone’s SD card root and then do as follows: unplug the handset from your notebook once the moving of the two files is over.
- Now take care to boot the I9000 into Recovery Mode. This is a process that must happen as detailed here: press and hold, all at the same time, Menu, Volume Up and Power; should you notice your phone is switched on in Normal Mode, you need to do this: redo the actions that landed your handset into Recovery Mode.
- However, if no problem has stopped you, then simply stay in the Recovery Mode and perform the following wiping actions: opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, choose Wipe Cache Partition and finish by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache. After all of the three wiping tasks are done, you need to opt for Install zip from SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The next thing that requires your attention: opt for the Gapps and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 AIO firmware packages so that they end up flashed on your Galaxy S I9000. Then choose this option: +++Go Back+++. The second option to choose is Restart the device. The latter shall restart your phone in Normal Mode. When that happens, you have to check on the upgrade firmware; this tool can be found if you open Settings and then tap About phone.
NOTICE: Should the phone annoy you with a “Welcome” screen that doesn’t go away, you have to try the following instructions: power the I9000 off, power it on and repeat our tutorial.
Everything should afterwards get settled to its original state so that you can take full advantage of your updated phone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.