Samsung Galaxy S I9000 will receive an
update to Android 4.2.2 as soon as you decide to follow our today’s tutorial. C-ROM Mix Dark custom firmware is the one that brings its contribution to the whole update.
And it brings other things: AudioService, FM Radio, awesome stability and no dangerous security problems. But this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what this tool can offer in terms of features.
Once you come to the conclusion that your smartphone needs such an important update, the main concern now is to consider these requirements: root the device via one of our rooting tutorials (and flash a custom recovery image on it), gather all the data that is on the phone and make a backup using this guide, charge the battery of the S I9000 till the battery icon says it’s full, open your laptop and install USB Drivers for this smartphone on it, use the model that comes unlocked and turn on USB debugging.
Every update, rooting and unrooting procedure today is made of some steps that the user of the device must follow. The ones below are the steps which apply to this guide in particular.
- Download together with a second file named Google Apps fromhere on your laptop and then connect the phone to it; the USB cord that comes with the Galaxy S GT-I9000 is the tool indicated for this operation. Then, once that’s over, copy and paste the two files from their original place to a different one, which must be the SD card root of the handset.
- Step two is here to tell you the following: switch the smartphone off, unplug it from the comp and enter it into Recovery Mode. The latter action can be performed like this: power the S I9000 on while simultaneously pressing + holding Home, Volume Up and Power at the same time.
- Here is what’s required of you for the third step of our guide: opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data by tapping Power so that the device can operate a full data wipe task.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition; this is going to operate a cache wipe of the phone. You should now perform a wipe of the Dalvik cache like this: go to the ClockworkMod Recovery menu, find Advanced, then opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For the step with number five you will have to return to the handset’s main recovery screen.
- Choose the installation of the zip file using the memory card when you’ve arrived to that place, then opt for Choose zip from SD card.
- The seventh step will tell you to perform these actions: choose the Android 4.2.2 JB custom ROM archive with Power.
- Confirm its installation, then do the same for the flashing of the Gapps zip file. Once the files are on the Galaxy S I9000, you are going to need to reboot the smartphone. That was it for our tutorial: the handset is now updated to the newest Android version.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.