Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7566 (the model intended for China) is ready to embrace an update to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich if it uses ZCAMC1 official firmware.
always best to follow some pre-requisites before flashing an update on any gadget you may own. The ones that apply in our case are the following: make a backup via our tutorials (we also advice you to backup the internal memory content to an external hard drive or memory card), use a computer running Windows (or, if it runs Linux or Mac instead, download and use CrossOver Utility), charge the battery of your smartphone, install USB Drivers for this phone on your laptop, use the version that is fully unlocked and then turn on USB debugging.
Coming up next: the steps which will make sure the update is flashed on your Galaxy S Duos GT-S7566 the right way.
- Step one comes with the following recommendation: download the and Odin tool 3.07 on the notebook you use.
- The actions to be performed next are included in step number two: extract the contents of the two files on your laptop’s desktop; after you do that, .tar.md5 and Odin tool 3.07.exe will show up on the screen. Once they do, it’s advisable to switch the handset off.
- Press and hold, at the same time, Home, Volume Up and Power, stop when the logo of Android appears, then press Volume once more and the handset will have booted into Download Mode.
- For the fourth step you will be required to run the Odin .exe as Admin like this: select the Odin tool file, use the right click on your mouse and select the option called “Run as administrator” when in the context menu. After you perform this, you should next plug the Galaxy S Duos S7566 to the comp and wait for either “Added!!” to pop on the display or a number (the COM port) painted yellow. You don’t see any sign of the two? Then you need to just install, again, the USB Drivers on the notebook or simply use a different USB port than you did until now.
- Step five will tell you to click on some buttons and then choose the files you will see after you do that. Here you go:
– click on PDA and opt for a file with CODE in its name;
– click on Phone and a file with MODEM in its name is bound to be shown on the screen;
– click on CSC if you need to choose a file with CSC in its name;
– click on PIT and .pit will soon appear.
But if you don’t see those, then check some boxes which say F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Check the box which reads Repartition, too, but only in case you chose the .pit file before. Now click on Start. The flashing of the firmware will debut not a moment too soon, and afterwards you will have to wait for it to end and for the GT-S7566 to reboot.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]A message saying PASS + a background in green will then make themselves known on the display.
- Unplug the Galaxy S Duos S7566 from the laptop. Go to the phone’s “About phone” from “Settings” and the ZCAMC1 will be there, ready to dive into.
The handset may get stuck in the manufacturer’s logo; or it can get blocked in boot stage. Make both of these issues go away by performing the following actions: go to the handset’s Recovery Mode, perform Factory Reset/Wipe Data, operate Wipe Cache Partition and then restart the phone. At the end of the process the ZCAMC1 Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware should be present on your device.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.