Galaxy S Advance i9070 can be great with the right update. The one which we will use for this tutorial on how to flash Android 4.1.2 on your smartphone is XXLQB.
before lounging into this guide are the following: use the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070, find and install the right USB Drivers for it on your laptop, charge the battery it sports, use the model that is factory unlocked, turn on USB debugging on the handset and make many backups of the important data that is contained by your smartphone.
The steps whose role is to help you flash the Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 are below.
- The first of the list contains the following recommendations: download on your laptop.
- For step two, your role will be to unzip the archive and have its files extracted to the same computer. You should afterwards see a file called either .tar.md5 or .tar. Now download Odin tool on the laptop.
- In step three you have to extract its content, too. Then, once you are done, power the phone off.
- Step four will require this from you: after the device is powered off, you need to boot it into Download Mode by pressing + holding, at the same time, the keys for Home, Volume Down and Power; when a screen with a warning message can be seen, press Volume Up.
- Your smartphone is now ready for the fifth step: open Odin tool on your laptop and then connect the Galaxy S Advance I9070 to your computer.
- The sixth step will tell you to wait until an ID:COM box has a yellow color, then prepare to opt for some files as shown below:
– .tar or .tar.md5; this file will pop on the display as soon as you click on PDA;
– a file that has MODEM as part of its name (click on Phone if you want to be able to select it);
– choose the file with CSC as some of the letters in its name (the file will be opted for once you click on CSC);
– opt for the .pit file that will launch after you click on PIT.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Should you see that neither of the four files appears on the screen, ignore what we just wrote and proceed to the next step on the list, the seventh: check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then uncheck Repartition should it be checked (do this only if you went for the .pit file). Hit Start when you are done, then wait for the flashing of the update on your GT-I9070 to begin and to end when the time comes.
- Step eight looks something like this: see if a message saying PASS and a background in green appear; if you spot both of them, then the installation of the update went without issues.
- Have patience till the S Advance I9070 reboots. Should it do that and also show the phone’s home screen, step ten will need you to disconnect it from the laptop. Go to the “About Phone” section of the handset and, if you see the XXLQB 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware there, you can stop worrying whether or not the procedure was successful. It was.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.