Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 is on its way to receive an update to Android 4.1.2. This operating system can now feature on your phone if you take a look at our guide. The custom ROM we enrolled to help us with everything is called Optimus Droid, which isn’t an official tool.
The kind of features that this custom ROM in particular assures for your smartphone are very nice. We tested all of them and cannot stress how much of a difference they will make on this phone. A couple of them are as follows: LG UI 3.0, no bloatware and so on. You should fully test them yourself after you learn how to update your Galaxy S Advance I9070 to the Android 4.1.2.
tutorial here requires, first, various actions. The most crucial ones are the following:
- use a rooted handset (which should have CWM Recovery or TWRP installed);
- turn on USB debugging on the smartphone;
- install USB Drivers for this model on your comp;
- follow our guide only if your handset is factory unlocked;
- gather all the data that is important to you and create a backup;
- take to your phone’s battery and charge it should it be empty.
For now onward, we will let you know what steps to follow in order to have a fully updated S Advance GT-I9070.
- Step one is here to let us know that we have to download to our laptop.
- When you’ve completed this task, you will need to perform two more, this time for the second stage: plug the phone to your comp and then move the Android 4.1.2 ROM archive to the memory card root that is in the handset.
- The tasks you have to perform for now are the following: unplug the Galaxy S Advance I9070 after you’ve made sure it’s powered off. Then enter Recovery Mode like this: turn the smartphone on while selecting for about five seconds, together, Home, Volume Up and Power.
- In step four, your role will be to choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data; do so by tapping Power, after which you have to opt for Wipe Cache Partition. Next up are the following actions: go to the recovery menu, then from there you have to find Advanced. When you see that option, choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step number five will ask you to opt for installation of the archive from the memory card when you are in the main recovery screen.
- Step number six is the one that follows next; this one will advice you to select Choose zip from SD card and then go to the Android 4.1.2 ROM archive.
- The seventh step is now present to tell you this: choose that file by pressing Power, then confirm the installation of the update. When the latter ends, you need to go to +++++Go Back+++++.
- The last step, number eight, sounds in the following manner: opt for the system restarting. The Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 is now updated to Android 4.1.2 via the Optimus Droid custom ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.