Installing XXBMF2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 WiFi is not going to be a chore.
This tutorial which deals with the procedure aforementioned contains, in simple detail, all the steps that will make the flashing a success. But for that, you will have to read every single step we tell you to follow.
part of our guide has to do with a bunch of pre-requisites: use the tablet which comes carrier + bootloader unlocked, charge the device’s battery, flash USB drivers for the tablet on your notebook, turn on USB debugging, use a comp that runs Windows (or flash CrossOver Utility if the PC sports a different operating system) and make backups via our tutorial (a backup of the internal memory’s content also needs to be performed, so use an external SD card for this).
Look at the tasks below and follow all of them. If you do it correctly, then the N5110 will be updated to the latest Android 4.1.2 JB.
How to flash XXBMF2 on N5110
- The number one task to perform should go like this: download and Odin tool .exe on your notebook. Extract, with an unzipping tool, these 2 zip files; you will soon see many files, but these are the most important ones: Odin3 v3.07.exe and .tar.md5.
- Once the tablet has been powered off, you should press and hold Volume Down and Power simultaneously, then press Volume Up once you spot the logo of Android.
- You are now in Download Mode, so your next move should be this one: run the Odin 3.07.exe as Administrator by right-clicking on odin.exe file and after that clicking, from context menu, an option called “Run as administrator“.
- After the actions above have just been performed, you need to do as follows: plug, with the tablet’s USB cable, the Note 8.0 GT-N5110 to the notebook and wait for Odin to confirm this; if “Added!!” and a COM port number colored yellow appear, then the plugging went as planned. If it didn’t, you can always use another USB port or flash USB Drivers for another round.
- Click the keys underneath now:
– PDA first, then opt for a file that has CODE in its name;
– Phone and after you’re done clicking it make sure you opt for a file with MODEM in it;
– CSC and afterwards choose a file having CSC in its name;
– PIT, after which you need to select a .pit file.
- Don’t leave Odin, stay in it and opt for F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Repartition needs to be chosen only if you chose the .pit file from earlier. After that you are asked the following: click on START and wait while the XXBMF2 gets installed on your Note 8.0 N5110 WiFi.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The flashing is going to take a few minutes. After the firmware is installed, you need to see whether or not the gadget reboots.
- Once it shows you PASS, you have to proceed to the following: unplug the gadget from your laptop. The device is finally updated to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXBMF2; the tool should be in the “About tablet“, so look for it there.
NOTICE: Your tablet may go through this: getting blocked in booting stage. Something will need to be done about that. Here is what: go to the Recovery Mode first.
Second step: operate Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then Wipe Cache Partition. Third step: opt for the system restarting option. All done and you should now be able to get a kick out of your updated Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 Wi-Fi.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.