Today we are offering your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 the opportunity to be upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 8 custom ROM.
Which is a great chance to get accustomed to various new stuff, like no more bugs, loads of stability, better speed when using your phone and so on.
pre-requisites we want you to consider before we actually begin our tutorial are displayed below:
- on your laptop, install only the USB drivers which are fit for your smartphone;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- use the carrier + bootloder unlocked Galaxy Note 2 T889;
- make backups via this guide (don’t forget to create a NANDroid backup, too, after you make the regular one);
- charge the phone’s own battery.
How to flash SlimBean Final ROM on Galaxy Note 2
- Then, if you took a good look at the above requirements, you need to download the (file name: Slim-t0ltetmo-4.2.2.build.8-OFFICIAL) and then (file name: Slim_Gapps.4.2.2.build.8) on the laptop, after which it’s a good idea to also plug the handset to your notebook.
- Now go to your PC, copy the zip files from there and paste them to the phone’s SD card root before you unplug the handset from the laptop.
- Switch the Samsung T889 off and enter it in Recovery Mode by way of these actions: press + hold Volume Up + Power + Home simultaneously, wait for the manufacturer’s logo, let go of the keys for a bit, then hold all 3 one more time.
- After done with the above, you can start with the wiping actions we will touch upon now. So, make sure you choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data, confirm this, opt for Wipe Cache Partition from the Recovery Menu, go to “Advanced” and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Before you begin the installation of the SlimBean Build 8 custom ROM, you should do as follows: opt for “Install zip from SD card“, then for “Choose zip from SD card“. Now you can flash that file by choosing it with Power and then confirming the action.
- After the flashing has reached a conclusion, you shouldn’t forget about the Google Apps package; so, to also install it on the device, you have to repeat the actions done for the installation of the Slim-t0ltetmo-4.2.2.build.8-OFFICIAL package.
- Return to the Recovery Menu of your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889. Then try to spot “Restart” button and choose it so that the device reboots into the update firmware. When you see it do as such, you can go to the handset’s “About Phone”; there, look for the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 8 Final ROM. Use it and rejoice in the myriad of advantages this tool delivers.
IMPORTANT: However, not all tutorials run in a smooth fashion. You can very well get a “Status 7 error” message, for instance. This is a problem whose solution is shown right now: look for a kernel that’s made for your handset and install it on your SGH-T889. Reboot the latter afterwards. But, if the phone gets stuck in a boot loop instead of the previous issue, you need to perform these two wiping tasks: Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache. The phone will then have to be rebooted.
If some of you miss the phone’s old ROM, we have a method that shall restore it quickly. Begin by booting your phone into Recovery. Continue with this step: choose “Backup&Restore“. End by looking for your tool in a list and then opting for it. The flashing of this ROM will then begin.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.