Galaxy Note 2 LTE SHV-E250K was taken into consideration by us at DroidGator.com ever since KKVME2 was developed for it. And what is this firmware’s purpose? To update the smartphone to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
requirements should the owner of this model pay attention to? Here’s the answer: use a comp that comes with Windows (but in case it comes with something else, use CrossOver Utility), charge the battery of the phone, use the fully unlocked Note 2 LTE E250K, enable USB debugging, install corresponding USB drivers for the smartphone on your notebook and make backups using our instructions (speaking of which: save the data belonging to the phone’s memory to a dedicated hard drive via a memory card).
- Here is where we start telling you how to update your phone to the new official ROM.. First action: download the and Odin tool on the laptop you use.
- Second: find a tool for extracting files; then use it to unzip what is contained inside these zip files.
- Third task: the handset should be powered off; the reason for this: it needs to be entered in Download Mode. The latter can be attained by doing this: use Home, Volume Down and Power by pressing and holding them down at the same time; when the logo that belongs to Android is on the smartphone’s display, you should let go of those keys and instead press Volume Up.
- The fourth action to be performed next: run Odin 3.07.exe (a file which is in the Odin tool archive) as Admin; which is something that has to be done by right-clicking on odin.exe, and afterwards, from context menu, tap on “Run as administrator“.
- The fifth task to be operated: plug your handset to your laptop. Task six will require you to take a look at the following instructions:
– make sure you click on PDA, because only so will you be able to see a file CODE in its name and choose it afterwards;
– now click on Phone and opt for a file that has MODEM in the name it is displayed as;
– click on CSC and select a file which contains CSC in its name;
– click on PIT, then choose a file with .pit inside it.
- The thing you should do now: check mark F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition. The last box needs to be chosen should you have opted the .pit file. Tap on “Start” when you are done.
- The flashing of the firmware for the update will start soon and, when it’s all finished, the Note 2 LTE E250 shall reboot.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]You need to unplug the devices from each other after the following message appears on the display: PASS. The “About phone” setting is where the update is settled, so go check it out!
If, by any chance, you’re unlucky and your E250K can’t get unstuck from boot animation, you need to do the following:
- go to the Recovery Mode;
- do a Factory reset/Wipe data;
- perform a complete Wipe Cache Partition;
- choose the system restarting option.
The handset is no longer stuck in that animation.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.