Galaxy Note 2 4G N7105 and AvatarROM Build 2.8b make a good team, especially if you want to update the phone to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. This kind of update is going to translate into many bonuses once you flash it on the device.
requirements we urge you to do as follows: make a backup using this guide (use an external hard drive to backup the data on the smartphone’s memory), flash USB drivers fit for this model on your computer, charge the battery, own the version that comes already fully unlocked and turn on USB debugging.
- Perform these actions for step number 1: download Gapps (you must choose the file labelled gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip) and on your laptop; follow these two tasks up with a third one: plug the handset to your PC and afterwards copy the two files from where they originally are to the memory card root of the Galaxy Note 2 4G GT-N7105.
- Step two will have you unplug the devices from each other and power the phone off before you enter it in Recovery Mode. Do that by simultaneously pressing and holding Volume Down, Volume Up and Power; as soon as you notice the display flashing, it is recommended to let go of the three buttons and you’ll be in the Recovery Mode.
- Be sure to operate a NANDroid backup of the phone’s ROM by choosing Backup&Restore and opting for Backup.
- You need to afterwards return to the Recovery Menu and then initiate a wiping task; do as follows: choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and confirm this by opting for Yes.
- When you’re back in the Recovery Menu, you need to choose Wipe Cache Partition.
- After you choose Wipe Dalvik Cache, you need to opt for Install zip from SD card.
- Step seven will then ask you to select Choose zip from SD card; after having done that, you should press Power to opt for the AvatarROM Build 2.8b custom ROM archive. Have patience, because the .zip file will be flashed on your Note 2 4G N7105.
- The step with number eight coming up next needs you to repeat the previous steps to have the Google Apps installed on the phone. Return, after the files are both flashed on the handset, to the Recovery Menu.
- Step nine will recommend you to opt for Reboot system now. After the smartphone reboots, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 is going to be on it.
So much for our guide on how to update your phone to a better OS version. At any point in this tutorial, issues may arise. Like “Status 7 error”. Here’s how to solve the problem: the phone requires a compatible kernel to be installed on it before you flash the AvatarROM Build 2.8b custom firmware.
Returning to the ROM that was on the device before this procedure happened is also very easy to do: boot the Note 2 GT-N7105 into Recovery and then opt for Backup&Restore; now you should opt for the old ROM from a list. Take care of the phone getting stuck at starting (or seeing a boot loop) like this: perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache, then reboot the smartphone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.