There is a solution to everything nowadays. Especially for gadgets that miss either the newest operating system, software and other goodies. We prepared a guide on how to update the Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to rooted Jelly Bean. And we will tell you everything you need to achieve what is written there.
If you are currently using a Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 smartphone from Verizon Wireless and don’t have the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade, there is someone who is offering it to you free of charge. That something is known as Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware build JRO03O. But this is no official firmware, mind you. As a consequence, it may have bugs. But the good thing is that it sports BusyBox, it is zipaligned, deodexed and pre-rooted, all for you. By XDA Developers member mwalt2.
We will never grow tired of warning our readers that these custom ROMs work only for the devices they were meant for. In this case, the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware build JRO03O will only be installed as it should if the phone you use it on is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 from Verizon Wireless.
prerequisites for this firmare we included for today read as follows. Your phone needs to come with ClockworkMod Recovery pre-installed and unlocked bootloader. Next you must download both the following to a laptop or PC: (7.28 MB) and .
Optional files to consider (if the ones above don’t work or you can’t find them): and . Then look at the battery icon on your phone’s touchscreen: if it is charged less than 70%, charge it now till it reaches that value (or over).
The last requirement on our list has to do with taking care of personal data. Backup the latter is the best idea.
The instructions we referred to in the beginning of our “How to” are these. Read them carefully and follow them accordingly.
- First step is to copy the next files: default ROM, bootloader, radio and mod custom ZIP files. All these files must be copied to the root of the memory card on the phone.
- Turn the device off (second step).
- The third step says that the user should reboot the device into CMR Mode (press down the buttons for the Volume Up / Down and Power; that will make the display come to life).
- Fourth step: use the Volume buttons and choose the Recovery mode option. Thenselect the file using the key labeled Power.
- The fifth step is to make an entire data backup of the original ROM; to achieve that you must select the Backup & Restore options; then choose for Backup option on the following step.
- The selection of Factory reset/Wipe data is step 6; you should then choose this option on the next screen.
- Step 7: start the installation of the ZIP file from the SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The eight step is to select the installation of the ZIP from the phone SD card; after that you need to find the Stock JRO03O ROM file. The action has to receive confirmation on the next step. That is going to start the flashing of the custom ROM to the Galaxy Nexus I515.
- The ninth step is similar to the seventh and eighth ones: flash the JRO03O_radios_bootloaderfile. Another way is start the flashing process for the Extended Power menu and Native Tethering mod files in the same time with other mod files.
- Once you see that everything was properly installed, return to the phone’s menu. There you should restart the entire system once again. The latter means that the device will turn on again.
The XDA Developers member who delivered us the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware build JRO03O lets users enjoy a couple of mods that are able to unlock other features. These mods are the following: Facebook sync, Native Tethering and so on.