Galaxy Nexus S 4G SPH-D720 users should be thrilled: we come to you with a guide on how to update the device to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via SlimBean Build 5, which is custom firmware that possesses a great deal of nice features, such as hands-free camera, improved stability and so on.
access to this type of update will happen once you use some pre-requisites first; they will set the mood and are as follows: flash USB drivers for this phone on your notebook, make a backup using these instructions, create a complete NANDroid backup afterwards, turn on USB debugging, charge the battery and use the Samsung Nexus S 4G SPH-D720 that is fully unlocked.
- Here are the steps to follow. Step number one needs you to download the and on your computer. Should you have done that successfully, you will next have to plug the smartphone to your laptop.
- The two files from step 1 need to be moved to the handset’s SD card root, then you need to unplug the devices from one another once the transfer is done.
- Power the Nexus S 4G D720 off.
- Step four will ask you to boot it into Recovery Mode by using the buttons for Volume Down, Volume Up and Power like this: press and simultaneously hold them till the display of the phone flashes; let go of them when that happens.
- For step five you have to be ready to operate a wipe task. Which goes like this: opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, confirm this with “Yes“, then continue by choosing Wipe Cache Partition while in the Recovery Mode and finish it off by opting for Wipe Dalvik Cache. After you perform these three tasks, you should end this step by choosing Install zip from SD card and then opting for Choose zip from SD card.
- Step six will come next and ask you to choose the SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 5 custom ROM archive with Power and then confirming your wish to flash it on your phone. Install the Gapps package by doing the actions you did in step five, from “by choosing Install zip from SD card” onward (including the actions for this step), but select the SlimBean Gapps this time.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step seven will signify the following: return to the Recovery Menu, choose the system restarting option and wait for the Nexus S 4G D720 to reboot and then welcome you with the Jelly Bean 4.2.2. You’ve now officially completed our tutorial.
Should you prefer the previous ROM of your phone, you can go back to it by doing the following: boot it into Recovery, opt for Backup&Restore and choose the ROM from a list.
To stop seeing a “Status 7 error“, you have to flash a compatible kernel and then the SlimBean Build 5 on your handset. Should your smartphone experience either a boot loop or it remains blocked in booting stage, you have to first perform a Wipe Cache Partition and follow it with a Wipe Dalvik Cache. Restart your SPH-D720 when you are done.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.