Your Galaxy Nexus I515 for Verizon probably needs an update to the newest Android OS. If it does, then try our guide on how to do that with the help of a custom ROM.
This tool’s title is Codename Android 4.1.1 JB. It should only be used if you know what you’re doing in the case of such procedures. Because it implies some actions that a newbie may not be familiar with.
way, the first things you need to take care of are the requirements which come with performing something like this. Like performing a full backup and activate the USB Debugging on your handset.
Then synchronize the Google account you have with the Contacts, backup your messages and verify if the battery level is up to 85% charged. Another thing: make sure that your Galaxy Nexus I515 has the bootloader unlocked. Then you have to see whether or not it has installed CWM Recovery and that it is a rooted version.
After you are sure that you did all of the above with the utmost attention, you can move on to the actual tutorial we have in store for you.
- It all starts like this: download, for step 1, the , then grab for Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and move the both files into a dedicated folder, on the PC’s desktop.
- Step 2: perform a connection between the laptop and the Nexus SCH-I515.
- Step number 3 goes along these lines: copy the files from the folder we just mentioned to the phone’s internal memory card, then disconnect the phone once the transfer is finished. Now switch the smartphone off.
- For step 4 you need to access the ClockworkMod Recovery mode using the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons. These keys must be pressed for about 5 seconds.
- The fifth step asks you to opt for Recovery mode and confirm this action. After that you have to select Backup and restore (should you not have created a full NANDroid backup with the actual ROM and all the important files, mind you). This will help you get that kind of backup. If the backup is already generated you can jump this step. Next up: opt for Factory reset/Wipe data.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 6: confirm the action and choose Fix Permissions; this also needs a confirmation.
- Step number 7 advises you to choose Install zip from SDcard, opt for Choose zip from SDcard and then search for the Codename Android 4.1.1 custom ROM zip file.
- When you find it, step 8 needs you to install the custom ROM on the I515. Afterwards you will have to do again what you did for the seventh step.
- Step 9 requires you to install the Google Applications pack.
- Step 10: get back to the recovery menu, then choose Reboot system now. The phone will reboot and after about 4 minutes, the phone will start again.
- Final step: wait until the home screen of the custom ROM appears on the phone, then you will know that everything went well. You can now introduce all your usual Google account details and see what your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 does new for you.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.