After almost every fan of Samsung finished squealing about the company’s new Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250, a problem began to arise. Namely: this smartphone didn’t allow for a Jelly Bean 4.2.1 update.
But a developer quickly thought of a solution to the issue at hand. He created a new custom ROM which could very easily grab this operating system for your handset.
The name of this ROM is KALO. However, be aware that it is not an official tool, but it works wonders and it doesn’t drown your phone in bugs or such.
haven’t forgotten about the usual set of requirements, though. So here they are: turn off all of the antivirus software you have on your smartphone, make a backup, fully charge the device’s battery, root the phone and install on it a custom recovery ROM, activate the USB Debugging and check if its bootloader is unlocked on board the Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250. The warranty of this particular model is going to disappear after the upgrade, but if you get official Samsung software for it, it will eventually come back.
And now for the steps which are going to get your Google Nexus GT-i9250 updated to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean via the KALO custom ROM.
- to your laptop and connect the latter to the handset (the package you will find online contains Google apps). The USB cable of the phone is the way to plug the two devices to one another. Now move the updating pack from your laptop to the Nexus i9250.
- Step two: switch the latter off, get in Recovery mode. You must use the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons pressed at the same time for about 5 seconds and wait till you see the Fastboot mode appeared.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 3: opt for Recovery after you locate that mode and then choose Factory reset/Wipe data and Wipe cache partition from the Recovery Menu. Go back to the phone’s menu once you’re done.
- Step four: choose Install zip from sd card.
- Step 5: opt for Choose zip from sd card and opt for the copied update package.
- For step number six do this: initiate the phone’s updating and afterwards choose +++go back+++.
- Final step: you’ll see some options; choose the one which tell you to restart the phone.
Your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 can enjoy the benefits of Google’s Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean operating system from now on.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.