To install an update to an Android version, a custom ROM of firmware is all you’ll ever need. So, if Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 is the smartphone you love, then this post is going to tell you how to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with MoDaCo CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM.
handset must be the international version of Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250, though. Then , make a backup, turn USB debugging on, install the exact USB drivers your phone needs on your laptop and charge the battery of the phone.
- Step one of this tutorial begins in the following manner: take the USB cord which the smartphone ships with and use it to plug the Galaxy Nexus I9250 to your laptop. Then copy the update file we told you to download; where: to the internal memory card of the handset. Then be sure to unplug the devices from each other.
- Step two needs you to switch the smartphone off; once it’s in that state, you will have to boot it into Recovery mode. The drill for this is as follows: select and keep selected at the same time the keys labelled Volume Down, Volume Up and Power; let go of them when the display of the phone begins to flash.
- For the third step you will be required to select Factory Reset/Wipe Data. A screen will appear; opt for “Yes“.
- Once the wiping action is done, you should go back to the Main Recovery Menu and select Wipe Cache Partition. At the end of the procedure you will need to tap on Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step number five is going to ask the following from you: opt for the installation of the archive using the phone’s memory card.
- Now select Choose zip from SD card for the sixth step and then go to the MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM archive; when you find it, choose it like this: tap on Power. In order to confirm that you want to install it, simply opt for “Yes“. As soon as the said ROM file is featured on your phone, you need to go back to the Main Recovery Menu.
- Step seven will request you to choose the system restarting. You will need patience before the rebooting ends. But, once it completes itself, your Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 will sport the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
How to uninstall the update
Let’s say you just experienced this update, but you figure you don’t want it anymore. If you wish to go back to the old ROM, follow this short guide.
- Restart the smartphone into Recovery mode.
- Opt for Backup&Restore.
- Choose the ROM you want to restore.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.