Galaxy Exhibit 4G T759 (T-Mobile version) is the device we will include in this guide. Chameleon is the ROM that was created so that it could update your phone to Android 4.2.2.
You’ll enjoy having this tool on your device, because it means features such as customizable gestures, MIUI’s theme engine based, revised layout and so on.
your Exhibit 4G SGH-T759 is already rooted and complete with a custom recovery image, then simply make backups of the data on it (also backup the internal memory content to an external SD card), use the carrier unlocked + bootloader unlocked model, enable USB debugging, flash USB Drivers for this phone on your laptop and fully charge the battery of the handset.
- The following apply to step 1: download the and Google Apps package from here (you must choose the archive labelled gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip) on your comp, then plug the phone to the comp in order to afterwards move the two files to the SD card root of the Exhibit 4G T759.
- Unplug the handset from the device it is attached to.
- Power the smartphone off. Now press + hold Volume Down, Volume Up and Power in order to have the handset boot into Recovery Mode; when the display flashes, let go of the three keys, because you’ve entered the phone into the desires mode.
- Operate a complete NANDroid backup, then return to the main Recovery menu and opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, choose Yes and wait for the phone to generate a complete data wiping.
- Then, for step 5, do as follows: return to the main recovery menu and opt for Wipe Cache Partition, then choose Wipe Dalvik Cache; that way, you will kill two birds, in this case tasks, with one stone. Have patience for the actions to end successfully, then choose Install zip from SD card.
- Step 6 will urge you to select Choose zip from SD card and find the Chameleon OS custom ROM archive.
- Choose it with Power for step 7, then confirm its flashing.
- After this file is on your Exhibit 4G T759, it’s time to install the Gapps, as well; to do so: repeat everything laid out in the sixth and seventh steps (naturally, go for the right file instead of the Chameleon one). After you have performed the above, go back to the phone’s main recovery menu.
- Choose the system restarting option. After the latter does as it’s told, you have to wait for the firmware to flash on your smartphone, then enjoy the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom firmware and its features.
Should your smartphone show a “Status 7 error”, you will need a Jelly Bean ROM first; only after you’ve gotten that can you flash the Chameleon ROM. Perform the following if the phone gets to show an infinite boot loop: operate wipe cache partition and then follow it with Wipe Dalvik cache five times. Then reboot the handset.
If you want your Galaxy Exhibit 4G T759 to experience its old ROM: boot it into Recovery first and foremost, then opt for Backup&Restore; afterwards choose the ROM you want from a list that will pop on the screen.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.