The way to install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Acer Iconia Tab A700 is upon us. You should grab this opportunity and use it well.
Even though you may encounter some bugs along the way; but they won’t produce serious harm to your A700, so leave your worries behind and dive in the first part of our tutorial.
Its contents include a few requirements; you will be told that you need to root
the gadget, charge the battery that’s part of it, make a backup, unlock the device, enable USB Debugging and install USB drivers.
- The guide is about to start. And its debut is in step one: and GApps (you must choose the file called gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip). Since the files are on your laptop now, you should plug the gadget to the comp and move the both files to the tablet’s memory card.
- The second step along the way tells you that the best way to continue the tutorial is by unplugging the devices from each other and then booting into Recovery Mode. Newbies should read the following if they don’t know how to do that: switch the Iconia Tab in landscape way, press Power + Volume Down, do what the prompts on the screen instruct you to, opt for Bootloader and choose Recovery.
- The third step to come next tells you to generate a full NANDroid backup like this: choose Backup and Restore, opt for Backup, then, once the backup is over, return to the gadget’s main recovery menu. Do data wiping by choosing Factory Reset/Wipe Data, opt for Yes, return to the recovery main menu of the A700 and choose Wipe Cache Partition. Now perform Dalvik Cache Wiping by selecting an option called Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- The fourth step instructs the following: opt for the installation of the archive from the memory card and select Choose zip from SD card.
- For step five you need to find the cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-a700.zip file; after you’ve seen it, press Power to opt for it and accept its installation in the following manner: choose Yes – Install .zip.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The sixth step is now here to prompt you to repeat steps 4 and 5; that’s because you also have to install the Google Apps package on your tablet. Opt for Reboot System Now when you’re in the main recovery menu again. This action is required so that the Iconia Tab A700 can boot into the necessary ROM.
- Step seven will ask that you have patience in order to see the update on your device.
Boot loop may happen after you’re done with the process. Chase it away by performing Wipe Cache Partition along with Wipe Dalvik Cache. Should you want to restore the stock ROM, then do as follows: boot the tablet into recovery, opt for Backup and Restore and choose the required ROM from a list that will appear on the screen.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.