Your Galaxy Young GT-S6310N is ready to get to know what an updated operating system means. And it will learn that via XXAME2 which will bring the newest Android 4.1.2 on it in today’s guide. So pay attention to what we are about to tell you.
now, mind these requirements:
- use a laptop that has Windows on (if it has Linux or Mac, get CrossOver Utility);
- use the Samsung Galaxy Young S6310N that isn’t locked to a carrier;
- use the model which is not bootloader locked;
- charge its battery;
- flash USB Drivers for it on your notebook;
- make backups;
- turn on USB debugging;
- backup the data on the internal memory to an external SD card;
- download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAME2 and Odin tool 3.07 on your PC.
And now for the juicy part: how to update your phone.
- Start by unzipping the content of the Odin 3.07 and the on the same PC; among the many files you will see, there should be something like .tar.md5 and Odin3 v3.07.exe, too.
- The smartphone needs to be powered off now and then booted into Download Mode like this:
– simultaneously press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power;
– stop pressing + holding them as soon as the Android logo appears on the touchscreen.
- Once you are in the Download Mode we told you to be in, you should do the following: go to the Odin v3.07.exe and run it as an Administrator by using the right click method on odin.exe and then, from context menu, on “Run as administrator”.
- The handset should now be plugged to your laptop, so do that and see if “Added!!” along with a yellow number (the COM port) are displayed; if not, then re-install the USB drivers or use a different USB port. If you were successful with the plugging phase, then it’s high time you chose some files as shown below:
– tap PDA, then opt for a file with CODE in its title;
– click on Phone and choose the file which has MODEM instead;
– click on CSC, then select a file with CSC;
– tap PIT and make sure you choose a .pit file.
- The task you have to perform now should happen like this: select the boxes that say F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition; the last of them should only be chosen if you opted for the .pit file.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The move that you need to do now is the following: in order to have the XXAME2 installed on your Galaxy Young GT-S6310N, you have to tap START, then wait for the process to finish.
- When the latter happens, the handset is going to reboot; it will also show you PASS and a background painted green. Which is the ripe moment to do this: unplug the S6310N from your notebook. The tutorial will have gone well only if you see the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXAME2 in the device’s “About phone”.
NOTE: Now let’s take a look at what you should do to get your handset unstuck from the Samsung logo or from boot animation: go to its Recovery Mode, operate Factory reset/Wipe data and Wipe cache partition, then don’t forget to choose an option labelled System restarting.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.