Flashing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your HTC One will not provide you with a headache. The reason for that: we use a tool called ReVolt which is very nice to work with. And it offers all sorts of neat features to have around. The installation process will thus go quickly and smoothly. But for that, you also need to read this guide attentively.
With One, HTC proves they still know how to make great quality smartphones. The ReVolt JB 4.2.2 custom ROM takes all the features and specs of this model and makes the performance even better. To enjoy all of this and more, keep an eye on this tutorial.
now, read all about these pre-requisites: root your HTC One, flash a custom recovery image on it (you can either use TWRP or CWM Recovery), make backups that should contain all the data essential for every day use with your device, use a laptop with Windows pre-installed on it, use the HTC One whose bootloader is unlocked and flash the right USB drivers for your handset on your laptop.
How to install Android 4.2.2 ReVolt ROM on HTC One
- If you are done with what we just told you above, then you can begin our guide. By switching the smartphone off before you do anything else.
- Then continue by rebooting the device into Recovery Mode by following our instruction: hold down Volume Up and Power at the same time.
- After this action has been performed, you need to make a NANDroid backup of the ROM that is on your handset this very moment; this is recommended in case the tutorial happens to go wrong and you want to restore your old ROM. Here is what you need to do to operate a NANDroid backup: opt for Backup&Restore, choose Backup and wait for the process to be over; in case you are using the TeamWin Recovery Project custom recovery image, you have to make a NANDroid backup like this: choose Backup, then slide a blue key so that the task is confirmed.
- Next task up: download on your comp. You should also download Gapps package from this location. After they are on the laptop, you are advised to take them from there and transfer them to the phone’s SD card.
- Power the smartphone off after you are done with that and reboot it into Recovery Mode by the following route: hold down Power and Volume Down simultaneously.
- Stay in the Recovery Mode. Now operate different wiping actions; start them by opting for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, confirm this, go to the Recovery Menu, choose Wipe Cache Partition and then confirm it, too. The last wiping task needs you to opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache and afterwards make a confirmation of this action.
- Go back to the phone’s main menu by choosing an option that’s called just like that: “Go Back”. Opt for the following: Install zip from SD card and Choose zip from SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After that, go and find the ReVolt custom ROM; choose it with Power and wait for its installation to happen.
- Also locate the Gapps package and have it flashed, too, in the same way you installed the ReVolt tool.
- Operate, afterwards, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache. Choose “Go Back” again.
- To easily reboot the HTC One, you need to opt for the phone’s restarting option. Now we take our leave and let you experience an updated HTC One!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.