Motorola Milestone 2 A953 will have its fair share of novelties in no time at all! This is where you will find out how to get them without breaking a sweat.
SRSRoot is what you’ll be seeing a lot in this post. This is due to the fact that this is the app to use when rooting a gadget. From the get-go you have to know that this tool is able to root every device you throw at it. The app doesn’t even require money; you can get it for free from a certain site revealed later. Then, when this tool is both downloaded and installed, your Motorola Milestone 2 A953 will only receive the best.
The advantages of this procedure
It’s been around 4 years since your handset was released. It needs new stuff asap. This is where the SRSRoot does wonders. The app will very soon deliver new features. Root access has to do with customization help, too. Admin / superuser permission and custom ROMs are also part of the rooting. What’s more, the battery of your phone is looking at an improved life. Root-only apps get delivered and your Motorola A953 will not experience viruses and other types of security issues. If the root access isn’t to your taste, the SRSRoot will turn into a tool that’ll revoke it. Bloatware is something that your handset won’t experience.
Inside your phone is Android 2.2 Froyo. This is a version that’s totally compatible with the rooting app. Which is powered by an SRS Server and can greatly improve the phone’s 1 GHz Cortex-A8 CPU. The rooting procedure we’ll introduce you to cannot be done without a Build ID. We picked MILA2_U6_3.12.0 to help us out. Thankfully, the app allows you to opt for another one.
If you want to flash an upgrade firmware on the phone after it has root access, you cannot do so without some damage. Most importantly, you’ll no longer have root access on it. The device has a system partition; an update will delete it. This will not happen to the data on your handset. Its internal as well as external SD cards will also come out undamaged.
Then there’s this to think about: no warranty for the smartphone after you get it rooted. Only with a guide will you have it back.
Your handset’s rooting needs you to go by these requirements:
- install USB drivers on your laptop after you download them from this address;
- then flash these on the laptop;
- now make sure your phone’s USB Debugging is turned on;
- performing backups is very useful, so be sure to create one or more;
- operate, next, a full NANDroid backup;
- Windows is the only OS version your laptop must contain;
- then, have the smartphone’s security programs disabled;
- the laptop’s very own selection of security programs must also be disabled;
- charge the battery which comes with your handset.
Step by step instructions
After going through all of those pre-requisites, you’ll finally get access to this guide’s rooting steps.
- You will have this first step to perform now: download, on the laptop, the SRSRoot. A certain kind of action needs to be done for this to happen; this is the one: click on a download button which is right on the link from before.
- This app has to go through two actions. First, install it on your laptop; second: launch it there.
- The next phase is this: enable, on the handset, Unknown Sources. If you are unable to locate it, search for this option under Settings (which should be tapped first).
- Now’s the time to do as follows: find USB Debugging. After you spot it, you have to tap it. This step needs to be managed only if you did not activate said option until now. If you have, continue by taking the USB cord of your handset.
- When you’ve grabbed it, you should do the following with it: have the laptop and the phone connected to each other. Seeing them plugged like that, you can move on by beginning the rooting process. The option to enable here is this one: Root Device (All Methods).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Your Motorola Milestone 2 A953 shall require some 12 minutes for this procedure to finish. You can, if problems appear here, have the steps repeated. When you don’t have any of those, then you should see to it that the phone gets rebooted.
- To start it again, you have this option: the latter and let the handset restart itself. After it returns to life, the Motorola Milestone 2 A953 will have all of the novelties on display for you to see.
- Try all of them and you will know if the rooting was really worth it. Should it not rise up to expectations, you have the same rooting app to turn to. Once used, the SRSRoot shall remove your phone’s root access quickly.
You will notice, at the end of our guide, a comment section. We placed it there so that you can ask your questions about the rooting there; especially if you have to do with problems during it.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.