Motorola Droid 4 XT894 is a device that’s going to receive root access any time now. For you to own an improved product, a tutorial must be performed. Details on that are provided below.
Launched some 2 years ago, your phone is available as Motorola Maserati, Droid 4G and XT894. The tool that brings new additions is known as SRSRoot. You’re not about to use a rooting method with security problems. The smartphone will also not deal with programs that aren’t needed. Since bloatware and viruses aren’t present, let’s find out what makes the app so essential.
The benefits of this procedure
The SRSRoot is, above all else, freeware. It encompasses many tweaks and options to improve your phone. There’s an endless amount of gadgets it’s good for. Their OS versions won’t be removed. Your phone’s Android 4.1.2 is thus safe from harm. A freeware such as this one is powered by an SRS Server. Your smartphone’s CPU is dual-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A. After the freeware is installed, the speed of this spec will gradually become better than it’s been. Your phone has the chance to enjoy different custom ROMs. Added to the device are also these: customization tools. Root-only apps are offered, too. You can experiment with new features and battery tweaks. Also delivered is this: superuser and admin permission.
You need to locate a good Build ID. After you do, the SRSRoot will agree with it so you can use it. The variant we agreed upon was 9.8.2O-72_VZW-18-2. Should you have need of an unrooting tool, opt for the same freeware.
The main concern about having a rooted Motorola Droid 4 XT894 is related to the warranty. The latter falls victim to the procedure. You have ways of restoring it. Simply hunt down a guide made for this phone. Devices with root access have their system partitions deleted by an update. The other damage done by this procedure is connected to the phone’s root access. The upgrade is revoking the latter. The smartphone keeps its important internal and external SD cards. Its important data is protected, too.
Pre-requisites have a lot to do with the rooting. They are asking you to do the following:
- USB drivers created for your smartphone are available here;
- download them on the laptop;
- install these on the device, too;
- backing up essential content on your Motorola Droid 4 XT894 is a task you should also perform;
- fully charge the battery that is pre-installed on the handset;
- create a full NANDroid backup;
- Windows is the OS that must already be flashed on the laptop;
- if your have the phone’s security programs turned on, disable them all;
- the same must be done for the laptop’s security programs;
- let USB Debugging be enabled on the phone.
Step by step instructions
Steps will get you through the rooting. Perform all of them as detailed below.
- Your laptop and the SRSRoot app have to come together. To do that, the freeware needs to be downloaded on the laptop. The direct link that leads to this app is here. You have to click on it, then on the download button.
- You should click on the button and wait for the end of the downloading process. As soon as the app arrives on the laptop, it must be installed.
- You should open it on your laptop, then go to your handset. There, make sure these are enabled: Menu, Settings and Unknown Sources. The last option is under the second one. Tap each of these and activate this one next: USB Debugging.
- The option that we just advised you to enable is the one you had to tap above. So, if it’s been activated by now, be sure to move on. For this part, take the handset’s USB cord. Its use is significant. Without this cable, the phone and laptop can’t establish a connection.
- After you use this cord and the plugging is generated, let things on their own for now. The next task we have for you tells you to start the rooting.
- To activate this crucial procedure, an option has to be located. It’s called Root Device (All Methods). The rooting takes 10-15 minutes of your time. Wait, then continue with the tutorial. If the procedure isn’t over in exactly 15 minutes, time to consider how to solve the problem.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]We’ll tell you how: return to the previous steps and repeat them. Now that the issue has been put to rest, the last step can be completed. Here is how it should be performed: find Reboot System Now. Once discovered, it should be turned on.
As soon as your Droid 4 XT894 is rebooted, get in touch with the newly added benefits. Try them on for some time. Do they fail to leave a mark? You still have the SRSRoot to unroot your device.
Our comment section is here to provide help if you need that!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.