To truly get the most of what LG Optimus True HD LTE P936 is about, you can get root access on it. There is a very easy way to accomplish that. You will be required to download a dedicated app. To make it land on this phone, use the steps here!
You can root your smartphone via numerous tools. By far the best of them is SRSRoot. This software will work not only with your LG Optimus True P936, but also with many other gadgets.
The tool that you are about to experience is powered by an SRS Server. To root your device, you need a Build ID. We selected this one to use on your phone: GRJ90. The SRSRoot dedicated app will work with other Build IDs, too.
The benefits of this method
If you notice lower speeds when it comes to the handset’s dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpion CPU, you can improve them by rooting the phone. The latter, which came out 2 years ago, will also enjoy custom ROMs. Its Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS will stay where it currently is. This app works also with all of Google’s Android versions.
Also known as LG Maximo True HD, your device will get numerous root-only apps. It will also get to play with new features and customization options. The battery will last more and there will be admin permission to discover. Other novelties include superuser permission.
There is a wide variety of gadgets to be rooted with this application. You will be able to enjoy the goodies without going through viruses and other security threats. The software your phone will have is also available as an unrooting option. The rooting doesn’t bring bloatware. Also, the SRSRoot is an app that can be downloaded for free.
If you want to have an updated device at some point, you’ll have to know something about the rooting. Whenever a gadget with root access gets upgraded, several cons will be present. The first of them: root access will be revoked. Second disadvantage: the system partition will be deleted. The update will not affect the data on your smartphone. It will also not mess with the internal and external SD cards.
To perform a rooting, your phone’s warranty will have to go. Luckily, you will have it back; there are many ways to do that.
Let’s see what requirements you must perform now:
- create some regular backups to protect the phone’s data;
- your laptop should feature USB drivers;
- download them on the laptop from this location (they are fully compatible with your LG Optimus True HD P936);
- a full NANDroid backup is required next, so you should initiate one;
- your smartphone will have to contain a battery which is fully charged;
- your laptop must run Windows;
- open your handset’s security programs and deactivate all of them;
- open the security software on your laptop and deactivate them, too.
Step by step instructions
A rooting needs some steps. Here are ours!
- First of all, make sure your laptop has the SRSRoot app. For that, you need to open a certain page online. Which is this one. Go there, then click on a download link.
- The download of said app will be over in a couple of minutes. You’ll be required to flash it on the laptop, then open it.
- Next up: tap Menu on your LG Optimus True HD P936. When done, tap Settings.
- Unknown Sources should be turned on for this step. Then turn on, if you haven’t, this option: USB Debugging.
- Provide, with the phone’s USB cable, a plugging between the handset and your laptop. When a connection is finally established between the two products, time for the rooting to begin.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]To properly start this process, you are asked to activate an option. Which is this one: Root Device (All Methods). On average, a rooting should not take more than 10-15 minutes.
- But should it take, for instance, 20 minutes, you need to repeat the previous steps. After the rooting is completed, restart your phone. Which is where this option steps in: Reboot System Now. Tap the latter and wait.
When the handset finally reboots, you will have to get ready to enjoy all the novelties we mentioned before. If you don’t think the rooting is for you and you wish to go back to how your phone used to be, use the same software. It will provide, as promised, a way to unroot the LG Optimus True HD LTE P936.
You can now leave comments or questions. For that, use the box under this guide.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.