Rooting LG Optimus 3D P920 is as easy as updating it. All that’s required is a tutorial and a dedicated rooting material. Once you have the two, your smartphone will surprise you!
Some important info should be shared about today’s procedure. First, you’ll be using a tool called SRSRoot. This is an app which is happy to both root and unroot your device. You should also be aware of the following: the app is free of charge.
This is also true of the freeware: an SRS Server powers it. It doesn’t have unnecessary things like bloatware or dangerous ones like viruses. The CPU behind the phone is dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9. Its overall speed has much to gain from the SRSRoot app. This is an instrument which serves you with battery options, new features and admin / superuser permission. Custom ROMs get followed by the following: many ways to customize the handset.
The benefits of this procedure
You will also definitely love the addition of root-only apps. There is also this fact about the SRSRoot: it’s offering compatibility with many Android versions. Your smartphone’s is this: Android 2.2.2 Froyo. Today’s freeware supports varied products, too. This procedure needs to be done with the help of a Build ID. While performing the rooting, we selected FRG83G. In case you’d like to use another one, go ahead!
The novelties all come with a price. Particularly if the rooted gadget is soon updated with dedicated firmware. A procedure this important leaves your LG Optimus 3D P920 without its system partition. The same happens with its root access. The update has no way of messing with the data or internal / external SD cards.
The only important thing to be signaled about a rooting: it can revoke a device of its warranty. However, it’s crucial to say that this is easy to get back. The main method of doing that: apply a dedicated tutorial.
You will have to perform the rooting after these pre-requisites are mentioned:
- USB drivers need to have a place on your laptop after you download them on it from here;
- flash them on it after that;
- it’s essential that your phone’s security programs are all deactivated;
- USB Debugging must be enabled on the smartphone;
- perform backups for the handset’s important content;
- Windows should be the operating system used by the laptop;
- a full NANDroid backup must be created;
- deactivate the laptop’s security programs;
- the battery running on your smartphone should be fully charged.
Step by step instructions
Some of the most important elements in a rooting are these: steps. Find all of them in the next paragraphs.
- Our tutorial begins with the following first step: find the SRSRoot here and download it on the laptop. For that, there’s a download button that needs to be clicked on.
- The freeware must then be installed and also launched on your laptop. After each of these is performed, move to this other step telling you to tap Menu on the handset. Settings is the name of the other option that needs to be enabled on the device. Right under it is something called Unknown Sources.
- It’s your job to tap it, too. Moving on, go to this option: USB Debugging. You have to also activate it; do so only if you didn’t forget to tap it for our previous list of requirements. Now make sure you connect the smartphone to the laptop.
- The previous step has to be performed with the USB cord of your LG Optimus 3D. In order to have the two plugged to one another, you should wait a little bit. For the next step, we need this from you: tap Root Device (All Methods).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After this is done as indicated, the rooting of your handset is set to begin. Approximately 10-15 minutes will be enough for the procedure. If, on the contrary, you’re made to wait more, you can redo the steps.
- Restarting the device should happen after the rooting is finally completed. To start your LG Optimus 3D P920 again, here is the option that needs to be tapped: Reboot System Now.
After the smartphone comes back to life, the root access will be there for you to discover. Explore the new stuff it delivers on your LG Optimus 3D P920. In case you don’t see them as being that great for the phone, grab the SRSRoot. This app will double up as an unrooting option!
A comment box is much needed. Particularly if the rooting raises questions. We’ll answer them below!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.