Your HTC EVO 3D X515m is well-suited for the tool we have in mind for it. Which is an app that’s used for rooting. The phone will have access to it as soon as you are done with our guide below. The steps we prepared will deliver root access sooner rather than later. Use them well and enjoy the many goodies only a rooting can bring!
Released in 2011, the HTC EVO 3D is available with an Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on it. SRSRoot is the rooting app we found for you and your phone. Including it on that device will not wipe the OS away. This tool is known for its compatibility with many Android version. It is also know for its compatibility with various Build IDs. Including the one used for this guide: IML74K.
A dual-core 1.2 GHz is the handset’s CPU. Maybe you’ve been disappointed by its slow speed. Not to worry: the rooting will improve that. Another pro of this dedicated app is that it supports many gadgets. The software is powered by an SRS Server.
The root access you’ll discover soon means many new and exciting goodies. But first, you need to know that the app doesn’t charge you to download it. It also acts as an unrooting alternative to other unrooting tools you may not want to use.
The benefits of this method
The SRSRoot app is sure to keep the phone away from bloatware. With its help, the phone will be easy to personalize. There are no security issues to expect from this application. Your smartphone is going to have access to root-only apps and battery tweaks. A phone that has the new app will be able to make good use of superuser permission. Expect these, too: admin permission, custom ROMs and new features.
You’ll no longer enjoy certain things once the phone receives an update. When this happens after the smartphone’s just been rooted, the device will see its system partition erased. After that’s gone, the next thing to be damaged is the root access. Both of your handset’s internal and external SD cards are staying on the phone. The same goes for the important data.
The device’s warranty is going to be affected by the rooting. You will see it gone by the end of the procedure. Methods to grab it back do exist.
To correctly end with the SRSRoot on your phone, the latter must be fully charged, have a certain option turned on and so on. Here is the full list of requirements:
- download USB drivers on the laptop from this address;
- install them on that device afterwards;
- look at your handset’s battery levels;
- charge the phone if they are low;
- backup the important data stored on your HTC EVO 3D X515m;
- create a full NANDroid backup;
- Windows instead of Linux or any other OS must be running on your smartphone;
- the phone’s security software should be disabled;
- turn off the laptop’s security software, too.
Step by step instructions
- If you go to this page, you will come across the SRSRoot app. Click on a download button to begin the app’s download process on your laptop. Don’t get this tool from another site.
- Then, once it’s downloaded on the device, flash it. When it’s launched on the same laptop, click on Unknown Sources to activate it.
- To access this compulsory option, you need to tap Menu, Settings and after that look for the Unknown Sources under the handset’s Settings option.
- USB Debugging needs to be activated. If you didn’t do that, turn it on after you perform the previous step. If this option’s already enabled, you can move on.
- For this next step, you need to create a plugging between the laptop and your HTC EVO 3D. Create one with the phone’s USB cable.
- The only couple of steps left to perform come up next. Here’s one of them: begin the rooting of your smartphone. To enter the handset in this mode, tap Root Device (All Methods).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The rooting is a fast process; on average, 10-15 minutes are enough for it. But, if over 15 minutes are required, the rooting won’t happen. To change that, redo the steps.
- The last step asks you to restart the HTC EVO 3D X515m. So be sure to tap Reboot System Now.
The root access is now available. Have a taste of it. If you wish to see your device without it, this software can help by revoking the procedure.
The comment section under our guide will be of help you if you have problems during the tutorial.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.