If you are after a root guide for your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 I739, we have just what you want. That is, if your phone is updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean KEAMF1 official firmware.
Jump in and expect only good stuff to come from now onward regarding your handset!
of the parts which is the easiest when dealing with a guide is this: pre-requisites. If followed properly, you can follow them up with the steps required for the rooting. So keep focused and see what they are all about in the next list:
- make backups using this guide (theirs is a very important role for the well-being of your handset);
- use a laptop that has, among its list of specs, an operating system that’s Windows (for a different OS you can always use CrossOver Utility, it works very well on Mac and Linux-based systems);
- use the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 SCH-I739 only (which can be checked by going to Settings, then clicking on About Device and afterwards tapping Model Number);
- charge the battery of your phone;
- install only those USB drivers which are for your smartphone version (the files are available here);
- turn on USB Debugging.
Those were the top six requirements that you had to keep an eye on. Once you are done with all of them, the next task we have in mind for the owners of the phone is this: download, on your notebook, the very necessary (file name: samsung_galaxy_trend_2_root.zip) and Odin tool v3.07 (available here).
How to Root Galaxy Trend 2
- Here are the instructions with which our guide starts:
– after the downloaded files above are on your notebook, unzip them;
– look for 27328200.tar.md5 or for boot.tar.md5;
– be on the lookout for Odin tool v3.07.exe.
- When both those files are safe and well on your PC, you can take your Galaxy Trend 2 I739 and do this to it: power it off and boot it into Download Mode. The procedure for this is shown below:
– press and simultaneously hold the buttons labelled Volume Down, Home and Power;
– stop this the second you come across a triangle with a “!” in its middle on the screen;
– press the key called Volume Up.
- When you look at the top and notice Odin Mode and also a “Downloading… , Do not shut down target!!” message, do as follows: double-click on the Odin tool v3.07.exe and open the Odin file.
- Plug the I739 to the notebook and the connection will turn out successful if the following is observed on the display: “Added!!”.
- If the message is nowhere in your line of vision, use a different USB port or try flashing the USB Drivers until the message pops on the screen.
- Then you should look for PDA and tap it. Now opt for the .tar.md5 file and then select the box with Auto Reboot on it.
- After that, you have to look for F. Reset Time and then for Re-partition; deselect them both if they are checked by default. The 27328200.tar.md5 has to be installed on the phone, so begin that process by tapping START. When Odin shows you PASS in green, you will know that the installation has ended.
- The Galaxy Trend 2 I739 will then go into a rebooting stage, meaning you will see this afterwards: a yellow triangle. Ignore it and plug the handset to the laptop.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Then you should transfer Superuser.apk into the internal memory card of your smartphone; after that make sure to do this: find that apk in the folder called File and flash it by pressing it.
- Now switch the smartphone off and reboot it in Download Mode. After that: click on PDA. Opt for boot.tar.md5 and check only Auto Reboot again.
- The boot.tar.md5 will be installed after you click, once more, on START. Likewise, wait for PASS colored in green and for the rebooting of the handset.
Rejoice: your Galaxy Trend 2 I739 is rooted on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean KEAMF1 stock firmware!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.