Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH-I957R is looking at getting root access in the very near future. To get to that point, you have to look into certain actions. Helping you with all of the work is this tutorial. Use it accordingly and your tablet will enjoy things it’s never had before!
To correctly root your device, you will be faced with the right steps. To get there, you have to first get introduced to the SRSRoot. As a dedicated app, this tool will land on the tablet without you having to pay for its download. The software is, besides a freeware, an app that comes with major novelties.
After getting it, the tablet is expected to enjoy a faster dual-core 1.5 GHz CPU. Besides providing superior speed, the app delivers new features. You’ll get to use superuser and admin permission. Battery tweaks will be featured, too. They will improve the tablet’s battery life by a lot.
The advantages of this method
After the above are brought by the SRSRoot, you also get the chance to enjoy customization options. The presence of custom ROMs should also be mentioned. After there’s root access on your Samsung SGH-I957R, it will be easier to install custom ROMs; root-only apps will appear, too.
Our pick of a Build ID was this: IMM76D.UXLI2. Thankfully, this app is 100% compatible with different Build IDs. It’s also fully compatible with the tablet’s Android 3.2 Honeycomb OS. There will be no bloatware once the root access happens. Neither will security problems ruin your day.
The tablet is known as Galaxy Tab 8.9 I957 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 AT&T. The SRSRoot software lets you get rid of the root access once you decide on doing that. Lastly, the today’s application is powered by a dedicated sever.
The tablet will not only deliver goodies. This procedure will result in issues, too. They will arise once your rooted gadget receives an update. When it does that, the system partition will be deleted; the root access will be revoked. No damage will befall your tablet’s internal or external SD card. Neither will data of importance be lost.
Get the warranty back after you lose it by looking for a guide on the Internet.
Our list of pre-requisites looks like this:
- begin the search for USB drivers by going to this online address;
- after you’ve found the ones compatible with the tablet, download them on your laptop;
- you will need to save the tablet’s data via backups (create standard ones);
- a full NANDroid backup will be useful, so make one;
- you should go and have the laptop’s security programs turned off and keep them that way till the rooting’s completed;
- the security programs on the tablet need to be turned off;
- activate, on your tablet, USB Debugging;
- charge the tablet’s battery;
- root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 I957R only if the laptop’s using Windows;
Step by step instructions
You can now get the rooting into motion. Begin the procedure by following the upcoming list of steps.
- The very first step you need to attend to tells you that the SRSRoot has to be on your laptop. The app must be located first. Which is why we recommend launching this page.
- Once you’ve done that, you will be able to get the download started; there is a download button which has to be clicked on for that to happen.
- The app’s download once completed, flash it on your laptop. The downloaded app needs to be launched on the same device, after installation.
- Then, when this step’s been performed, you can get to the next one. Which needs this from the tablet’s owner: to activate Unknown Sources. Find the latter by looking right under the tablet’s Settings.
- For this step, we recommend turning on USB Debugging. Which is the option we suggested enabling when we talked about requirements.
- The Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH-I957R and the laptop have to enter a connection. Establish one by grabbing the tablet’s USB cord. This is the tool which will plug the two together.
- If you’re done providing the connection, then move on. This is the task you need to perform now: activate Root Device (All Methods).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]When you do it, the tablet is going to enter the much anticipated rooting phase. The procedure will end after 15 minutes; the second it takes too long for the rooting to end, that’s when you should redo the steps.
- If you don’t need to repeat them, you can restart your tablet. The SGH-I957R has an option which is labelled Reboot System Now. Tapping it will start your gadget again so you can enjoy those rooting advantages.
After you’ve enjoyed the novelties for a while, you can decide if you really want the root access. Because if you don’t, the SRSRoot app will function as an option to revoke it.
The below comments section is there to help should you encounter problems.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.