If you did not know what sort of procedures your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 SGH-T779 T-Mobile can go through, find out now: rooting, unrooting and updating to new Android OS versions. For today we have a guide on how to easily root your tablet if you have the version sporting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Don’t use the tutorial in case your gadget did not receive an update to this operating system via special firmware.
For the procedure in this post we wish to use a file called CF-Auto-Root. This tool comes from a developer belonging to XDA Developers forum. Meaning that you can have faith in its efficiency. However, after every rooting procedure we have experienced, the warranty of the devices we’ve used has been lost; but, to assure it appears again, we employed unrooting guides. Which you should also do to enjoy the warranty after the end of the tutorial.
are now offering all the compulsory pre-requisites to use before the rooting can start. So make sure you own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 SGH-T779, create backups via our guide (to be able to keep the data on your tablet in case something wrong happens during the tutorial), find USB drivers appropriate for your gadget and flash them on your notebook, charge the tablet’s battery and turn on an option you’ll find called USB debugging (this needs to be done in the following manner: go to Settings, then choose Developer Options and then the option we mentioned).
- The tutorial commences now and for a great start to it you should do as follows: download the (its file name is CF-Auto-Root-espresso10tmo-espresso10tmo-sght779.zip) and also Odin tool v3.07. The content of the packages needs to taken to the desktop of your PC, so unzip them and then power the tablet off.
- When the device is not running anymore, it’s time for you to do this: boot it into Download Mode by simultaneously press and hold Volume Down and Power, stop the second you see the tablet powering itself on and then press Volume Up. The Odin tool should be opened on the laptop and you have to plug the tablet to the latter.
- Watch out for these: a message that says “Added!!” and an ID:COM port number colored yellow; what this translates into is a successful connection between your Tab 2 10.1 T779 and your comp.
- The solution to a failed plugging session is this: flash the USB Drivers a second time or use another USB port.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]You should next tap on PDA; once you do, opt for the CF-Auto-Root archive and select these options: F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Repartition is something that should not be chosen, so be careful with that.
- The firmware needed for the rooting is going to be put into motion once you click START.
- After the tablet restarts, it is going to also show PASS on its touchscreen, so disconnect it from your PC. Your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 SGH-T779 T-Mobile has just been rooted. Make sure that really happened by doing this: flash, from Google Play Store, an app called Root Checker.
Go ahead and enjoy it! Don’t forget to start that by flashing custom ROMs, root-only apps and many other things.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.