Newbies should know that if you root your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, you will be using a different tablet. That’s because this procedure lets you play around with your gadget via numerous features, apps, custom ROMs and the like.
To follow our tutorial, you need to verify if your device has Android 4.1.2 JKDMF1 installed on it. If yes, you will then have to find out the following: the tablet’s warranty will no longer grace your gadget if you don’t make sure to install an official firmware upgrade and reset he flash counter to 0 via TriangleAway app after you are done with the guide.
informed you of the following, we should let you know what pre-requisites are recommended for this update tutorial:
- use the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 which is carrier + bootloader unlocked;
- charge your gadget’s battery;
- flash those USB drivers that your tablet requires on your notebook;
- create a backup using this guide (apart from a normal one, you must also create a NANDroid backup);
- turn on USB Debugging.
- Let’s see those steps now. Download, on the PC, these files: (file name: CF-Auto-Root-espresso10rf-espresso10rfxx-gtp5100.zip) and Odin tool v3.07 (from this place). After they are unzipped on the PC, you will find Odin3 v3.07.exe and then .tar.md5 files on your desktop.
- Switch the gadget off and boot it into Download Mode via these actions: press + hold, at the same time, Volume Down and Power; when you come across the usual Android logo, you have to press only Volume Up.
- The Odin tool v3.07.exe has to work as an Admin, so right-click on odin.exe, then go to Context Menu and from there opt for “Run as administrator“.
- Now plug the Samsung P5100 to the notebook; the connection should be established in a matter of seconds. But if you don’t see a yellow COM port number or “Added!!” on the screen, you will have to revert to one of these options in order to solve the mishap: re-install the USB drivers on your PC or employ a much different USB port.
- Once that is completed, you should tap this button “PDA”. Now opt for the CF-Auto-Root-espresso10rf-espresso10rfxx-gtp5100.tar.md5 and then, while you are in Odin still, do as follows: select F. Reset Time along with Auto Reboot boxes; if you notice that Re-partition is opted for, you must make sure it’s not checked anymore; or leave it checked only if a file with a .pit extension has been selected before.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Continue by starting the flashing of the rooting tool by tapping the key called “START”. Now wait for the flashing to end, which is something that will be signaled by this action: the gadget reboots and it welcomes you with “Pass” in a green-colored background.
- Disconnect the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is now endowed with the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JKDMF1 official firmware. Or, to put it more simple: your tablet is officially rooted. If you are not sure of that: go to Google Play and download, on the tablet, Root Checker.
The fact that your P5100 is rooted means many things. For example, your gadget will be able to work closely with root-only apps, custom ROMs and so on to let you experience your device in a whole new and exciting light.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.