Want your favorite tablet, namely Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P5110 to be a rooted one? Then look no further: our guide is where you will find the answer.
Be warned: the steps in here will root your gadget only if the latter runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXDMH2 official firmware. And if you live in Australia.
steps which shall root this tablet will come shortly after you are done with these pre-requisites:
- charge your gadget’s battery;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- use the carrier and the factory unlocked model;
- make a backup (or more than one);
- get USB drivers for your tablet on the notebook.
Once your device no longer sports its custom warranty, you will have to unroot the tablet after the tutorial’s end. So don’t forget to do as such if you want to use the warranty of your tablet in the future.
But until you see that warranty slip away, you are left, below, with the appropriate rooting steps for your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi P5110.
- Open your laptop first thing first. Then download, on it, . Extract it afterwards; you should be left with this file: CF-Auto-Root-espresso10wifi-espresso10wifixx-gtp5110.tar.md5. Now get another file on your laptop: Odin tool v3.07 (available here); make sure you extract this one, as well, because you should be left with Odin tool v3.07.exe.
- Now power your tablet off and enter it in Download Mode; this feat is accomplished if you do this: press and simultaneously hold Volume Down + Power, wait for the Android logo to pop up and press Volume Up when you see it.
- Now that the Samsung GT-P5110 is in the aforementioned mode, you should run the Odin 3.07.exe as Admin and immediately after that plug the tablet to the laptop.
- A successful connection is when a yellow (or blue) ID:COM box comes on the screen or a message that reads “Added!!” makes an entrance on the screen; when neither of the two does as such, redo the connection by flashing the USB drivers one more time or by using a different USB port. For the next tasks, you need to stay in Odin.
- While there, search a “PDA” button, tap it, opt for the CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5 file and then opt for both F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot; deactivate Repartition in case it was previously activated. Then on with the flashing of the rooting file by tapping “START“.
- The installation will then debut, so all you should do for the next couple of minutes will be to wait for the process to be over.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]When it is, the Tab 2 10.1 P5110 is going to restart and then a message in green with “Pass” shall appear. Do this when you notice it: disconnect your device from your laptop.
- Then go to Google Play where you will witness an app going by the name of Root Checker. With it, the tablet will let you know if it was rooted on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXDMH2 firmware or not.
If it was, you have nothing to fear. You can, from now on, get a hold on all the different things your rooted tablet can do. Such as receive the visit of tweaks that will make it look better, root-only apps and custom ROMs for better performance and so on.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.