We’re out to let you know how your Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 can have root access. Which is why you should prepare your phone and turn your attention to this guide!
You’re very close to gaining a rooted Galaxy S3 I747. Until you do, feel free to take a look at some of the details that make the tool we chose for the procedure. SRSRoot is its name and one of the most important things about it is that it’s completely free of charge. After you have it on your device, you’ll be flooded with a very generous amount of goodies. Their role is to provide all sorts of improvement tools.
The SRSRoot app is one of the easiest rooting tools to use. Besides that, this is an app which also helps unroot a gadget. With it you will enjoy new features, custom ROMs and a wealth of root-only apps. Along with them comes superuser and admin permission. Another very important thing about this application is that it offers ways to customize the smartphone. Apart from that, the device’s battery life will improve very soon. Likewise, the phone’s dual-core 1.5 GHz CPU will experience a much better performance.
The benefits of this procedure
Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich is the handset’s OS variant. And it will continue to be thanks to the fact that the SRSRoot is compatible with all the Android versions. It is also compatible with many brands and it’s fully powered by an SRS Server.
You can select the Build ID you want to use for the device’s rooting phase. We will be using this official firmware: I747MVLALH1.
The fact that you’ll have a rooted smartphone doesn’t mean you’re free of problems. Once the phone’s featuring the SRSRoot software, the warranty shall be taken away from it. Another set of issues will come your way. They will be triggered by an update if you decide to go for one. In case you do, you’ll have a phone without its root access and system partition. The upgrade will not be responsible for damage to your device’s data. Moreover, the smartphone will remain with its internal / external SD cards untouched.
You will now need to face the following set of pre-requisites:
- don’t forget to make backups for your phone’s crucial files;
- a full NANDroid backup must come next;
- turn on USB Debugging on the handset;
- the OS on your notebook should be none other than Windows;
- fully charge the smartphone’s battery;
- USB drivers compatible with the phone are over here;
- install them on your laptop;
- the security software that’s currently running on your laptop needs to be deactivated;
- disable the phone’s security programs.
Step by step instructions
If these requirements are accounted for, you’ll be ready to root your phone with this amazing app.
- The right way to begin this rooting is by following our steps. The first of them is available now: download the SRSRoot on the notebook you have. This app’s location is here.
- Go to the page we indicated and click on a download button shown on-screen. The download is going to start in a few seconds. Flash the software on the laptop.
- Next up: open it and then be sure you move on. Which is done as such: enable Menu, tap Settings and turn on Unknown Sources. The third option’s under the second one.
- After a short while, do the following: if you forgot to turn USB Debugging on, make sure you do it right now. If you have done everything so far, you can continue by grabbing your handset’s USB cable.
- You need to provide a plugging between your two products with it. The connection should be created after a few minutes are finished.
- When you see the two plugged, begin to root the Samsung SGH-I747. Root Device (All Methods) is the option that, once turned on, will start the procedure. It’s best to wait for around 14 minutes now.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]If you notice that nothing is going on after you’ve waited even more than 14 minutes, you have to redo the previous steps.
- Having just ended, the rooting needs to be followed by another step, the last one. This one needs you to unplug the handset and the other device from one another.
Now you will have all the time in the world to experience your rooted Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. This dedicated app is there for you to unroot the device if you ever want to do that.
The comment section box under this post is here for your questions.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.