Galaxy S Captivate SGH-I896 is one of those older phones that do better with root access. Introducing it to this procedure is our job. Join us and you’ll know how to deliver root access for it!
As the time comes near for a rooting, you’ll need a specific instrument. You’ll find it in the guise of SRSRoot. A well-known rooting app, the tool’s one to be downloaded for free. As such, it can be used on every device ever manufactured. By being an important part of your own phone, you are free to change it any way you please; the many customization options courtesy of this app will see to that for you.
When the Galaxy S Captivate SGH-I896 has the SRSRoot, enjoying better battery life will be one of the many rooting possibilities. Your phone’s Android 2.2 Froyo is something that will not be deleted from it; this dedicated app can be used on many different Android versions. Custom ROMs and new features will be an everyday occurrence. Once you’ve welcomed the new app, you’ll no longer miss out on admin or superuser permission.
The advantages of this procedure
A device which contains root access doesn’t have to experience problems related to its security. Apart from protecting your Samsung SGH-I896 from that, the SRSRoot lets you have a bloatware-free experience of it. The handset sports this CPU: 1000 MHz. You can, with the new app, see what it’s like to have a faster processor. The latest additions to your device will be root-only apps.
Using the freeware isn’t only going to end up in a rooted device. The app has the power to unroot it, as well. To correctly root the smartphone, a Build ID has to be selected. The SRSRoot allows a device’s owner to choose whichever ID they want. Our option was FROYO.UXJL1. Lastly, this application is powered by an SRS Server.
There’s a lot to be said about a rooted phone and an update firmware. If the two mix, your handset’s going to end up with no system partition and no root access. But these two mixing up doesn’t affect important data or internal / external SD cards.
Has the warranty gone away after you rooted the phone? Retrieve it by searching for a guide on how to do it; make sure the tutorial isn’t meant for another device.
Achieve your dream device by looking at these pre-requisites and applying them as instructed:
- once you’re on this page, download USB drivers on your notebook;
- this device must then have these drivers installed on it;
- battery levels on the handset will tell you if you need to fully charge it or not;
- keep the phone’s important data where it is by performing backups;
- we also suggest creating a full NANDroid backup;
- your phone’s security programs have to be deactivated;
- then there are the notebook’s security programs which must be turned off;
- turn on USB Debugging on the smartphone;
- there needs to be a Windows operating system running on the notebook.
Step by step instructions
To get the most out of root access, steps will guide you with today’s procedure.
- Here’s what you need to occupy yourself with first: the download of the SRSRoot on your laptop. Our advice to you to do this faster: launch this site and click on a download button positioned on the page.
- As long as you do this, the app will quickly find its way on the laptop. Once there, the file needs to be installed and launched. Follow these up with the next step telling you to tap Unknown Sources after you’ve enabled Settings.
- Continue by activating USB Debugging if you didn’t do it for those pre-requisites.
- After you turn it on, you need to establish a plugging between the handset and laptop; best use the smartphone’s USB cord for this.
- Now’s the time for the most important step, which is this: begin the rooting. In order to enter your Galaxy S Captivate SGH-I896 in this mode, tap Root Device (All Methods). You will go through a waiting period of not more than 15 minutes.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]If there are problems and the rooting goes on forever, you need to redo the steps. In case no such issues appear, it’s a good idea to take your phone and restart it. Reboot System Now is the option to tap so that the device starts again on its own.
You are now left with a rooted Galaxy S Captivate SGH-I896. Having root access at last opens your device up to those novelties we introduced you to. If you aren’t ready for them, you can revoke root access with the SRSRoot.
Our guide has a comment section attached to it. Use it if you ever run into trouble.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.