For owners of the Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 who want their smartphone to have root access, we thought of the best way to do that. Find all about our method in this post.
Download the following files: and . Then use a computer or a laptop that has Windows already installed on it; this procedure will not work if your device has a different operating system. To gain back the warranty of the handset, because you will lose it once you root the phone, you must unroot the phone or to reinstall the original firmware of the Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070.
The time has come to tell you how to root your GT-I9070. The following steps will be of great help, so don’t forget that you need to perform all of them for a successful process.
- Step 1: take the files you just downloaded, then move them in a dedicated folder. Now you must unzip the files from the Root Pack archive; these also need to be moved in a separate folder.
- Step 2: search for the files you extracted; when you find them, execute the Odin3 v1.83.exe file and then take your smartphone and turn the USB debugging option on by going to the following: Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- For step 3 you have to access the phone’s Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and choose Allow Mock Locations. When you are done with this, shut down the phone selecting the Power button.
- Step 4: restart the device and enter in the Download Mode; here’s how: selecting at the same time the following buttons while the phone is switched off: Home, Volume Down and Power.
- Then, for step number 5, you must use the phone’s USB cable to connect it to the laptop/comp of your choice. You must use Odin for connectivity confirmation.
- The sixth step says the following: select the PIT option in the Odin.
- Then, for step 7, choose GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit (this is the file located in the Root Pack and unzipped in an earlier step).
- Step 8: select the PDA tab.
- For the ninth step do this: opt for a file known as rootkernel.tar.md5 and make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are the single options checked in Odin.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For step 10 you need to select the Start key. This makes the phone go into a rooting phase and, when this ends, the Galaxy S Advance I9070 is going to reboot. After it does that, turn it off, then enter in the Download mode selecting the Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time. The handset will boot up into the Download mode we mentioned.
- Step 11: perform a laptop-phone connection using the same USB cable and then launch the Odin Tool on your comp; do this by executing the Odin3 v1.83.exe file.
- For step 12 you must do as follows: select the PIT tab in Odin. Then select, GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit one more time, then select the PDA tab.
- Step 13 goes like this: select the Original Kernel archive and be careful that the fields named Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time to be checked. The rooting is started by selecting on the Start button.
- Step 14: wait till the phone reboots, then visit Play Store. From there you need to download a couple of apps: BusyBox and Superuser. They must then feature on the phone.
And that’s the end of our guide. Enjoy a better Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.