Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, the model whose
main OS is Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMHB Official Firmware, can be rooted! The procedure is easy to achieve once you consider our tutorial.
The fastest way to root your phone is by following some steps. But they should come after you consider these pre-requisites:
- the guide works with Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 only;
- you should own the model which has its factory unlocked;
- your phone should be carrier unlocked, as well;
- turn on the option called USB Debugging;
- make backups, using this tutorial;
- flash USB drivers for the handset on the notebook you work with;
- charge the smartphone’s battery.
Before you jump right in, you have to know the following: the phone’s warranty will go away once the device is rooted.
How to Install CWM Recovery
- Our tutorial can now begin. First, find these files and then download them on your laptop: Odin tool v3.07 archive (the file is available here), , and .
- Now you will have to flash the CWM Recovery on the phone you own. First things first: unzip the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip and the Odin tool archive on your notebook. Continue with the following tasks: move the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51 and the Fix-Recovery.zip from the laptop to the handset’s SD card, then power your phone off.
- Boot the latter into Download Mode as described now: simultaneously press + hold Home + Volume Down + Power. You should then come across the logo of Android; when you spot that, you can press Volume Up and prepare to see the Download Mode.
- Now run the Odin as Admin on your PC and then plug the handset to your notebook. As soon as the Odin finds your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, you will see either a message with “Added!!” written inside it or a yellow ID:COM box. When the plugging has not gone as expected, you can mend this by using a different USB port; or you can flash the USB drivers once again.
- Stay in Odin, since you will have to tap “PDA”. Then opt for the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 file and uncheck these two boxes one after the other: Re-partition and Auto Reboot.
- You should move on by completing these actions: tap “Start” and wait a bit till the CWM Recovery is on your phone. Take the USB cord out of the two devices after the flashing ends, then be sure to power your handset off.
How to root the phone
- Let’s now see how to best root your smartphone with the help of the SuperSU. Enter your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 into the Recovery Mode by pressing + holding, together, the same three keys from above: Volume Up, Home and Power.
- Then it’s recommended to choose these options: “Install zip from SD card” and “Choose zip from SD card“. After you’ve opted for them, choose the Fix-Recovery.zip file. Then tap “Yes” to confirm its flashing.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After that, you should go back to the Recovery Menu. Install the UPDATE-SuperSU .zip file by retracing the steps used for the installation of the Fix-Recovery archive.
- After you are done with the flashing, you need to be back in the Recovery Menu. Reboot the handset with the appropriate key. Your phone should now be rooted on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMHB stock firmware. If you don’t know whether or not the phone is rooted: get, from Google Play, “Root Checker“. You will then know if your device is rooted. If it is, get a hold of all those apps and firmware which land your smartphone with all sorts of new stuff to experience.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.