Galaxy Fascinate SCH-I500 and SRSRoot will join hands for the ultimate experience. Which is a rooting. To make it all easy for you, we have a tutorial you can use. By following its requirements and steps, the device will waste no time in getting rooted!
Before jumping right into it, we recommend reading up on SRSRoot. Which is the app that brings root access to your smartphone. This tool is a dedicated app which is powered by an SRS Server. To make up for the fact that the phone’s 4 years old, this app will help it feel like new! The app’s generous amount of novelties will play a contributing factor to all of that.
Your device will have an app that costs nothing to get. The phone, also known as Samsung Galaxy S CDMA, supports this OS: Android 2.2.1 Froyo. And it will continue to do so; the SRSRoot doesn’t delete a device’s OS version, no matter which one it is. This app helps your smartphone’s 1 GHz Cortex-A8 CPU perform in a superior manner, too.
The benefits of this procedure
You will need to use a Build ID for the rooting. The one we chose was the following: FROYO.EB01. But you can always select another one. The Samsung Galaxy Fascinate SCH-I500 is set to receive new features soon after it’s rooted. This model is also set for the following: admin and superuser permission. More will come after that. Like root-only apps, for instance. And also custom ROMs.
Battery problems will be solved so that the phone can function longer. The device you root with the SRSRoot app will also have customization methods and no virus threats. The rooting will make sure bloatware is nowhere to be seen. Also, this tool is great as an unrooting option.
In case you are looking into an update guide, you should be aware of some problems; particularly if you perform the update on your rooted handset. The latter will see its root access revoked. The system partition will be a goner, too. Its data and internal / external SD cards will be exempt from damage. Once a device is rooted, no warranty will be left on it. Which is why we recommend looking for a way to restore it; because that’s possible!
Before anything happens, you need to stand by these requirements:
- find USB drivers compatible with the phone over on this page;
- download them on your laptop and have them installed on it afterwards;
- the rooting requires a fully charged Galaxy Fascinate SCH-I500;
- the procedure needs you to own a phone whose important data is backed up;
- once you are done performing regular backups, manage a full NANDroid backup;
- Windows has to be the sole OS inside your smartphone;
- urn off the security programs your handset uses;
- urn off the laptop’s security programs;
- your phone should have its USB Debugging turned on.
Step by step instructions
In order to fully enjoy a rooted phone, you must first follow certain important steps. They will guide you throughout the rooting. Discover them below!
- As far as first steps go, here’s ours: download the SRSRoot app on the laptop. The file is on this page; once you open it, a download button will pop up. You have to click on it.
- The download will start now. It will take a couple of minutes to end. When it does, you need to install the app on the laptop; open it as well on the same product.
- To move on, you just have to tap this option: Unknown Sources. If you are not familiar with this option’s whereabouts, we’ll guide you. So do this: tap, on your phone, Menu.
- Now tap Settings; search for the Unknown Sources underneath this option and you’ll find it there. USB Debugging has to be turned on next. If you’ve already tapped it, then create a connection between the phone and laptop.
- The USB cable which is available with your handset is the tool which will establish a plugging. This process won’t take long to end.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]When the connection is achieved, you need to have a go at the actual rooting procedure. This is how you can debut that: by tapping Root Device (All Methods). Once the correct option has been activated, you have to give the process some time to finish.
- This time should be somewhere around 15 minutes. If you happen to wait more than that, you have this option: redo the previous steps. If this has helped and the rooting is complete, enter your Samsung SCH-I500 in a rebooting phase. Help it do so by tapping Reboot System Now.
When you see that the handset has restarted, go and have the time of your life with the new goodies. And don’t forget that the SRSRoot app will also unroot the phone if need be!
Keep in mind that, if you ever have problems while rooting the handset, a comment box is here to solve them.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.