For the first time ever, Galaxy Discover SGH-S730M will be rooted. This is no small feat. On the contrary, your phone’s about to see what different novelties can do for it. The procedure detailed in this post is something that’ll deliver the best for the handset. But you’ll soon see that on your own!
Nothing is as great as using a rooted gadget. To be one of the owners of such a device, you need some steps. Which you’ll have as soon as we’re done describing SRSRoot. This app, a freeware one, will end up on your phone very soon. There are certain goodies that only this tool can deliver. For one, the SRSRoot provides your Galaxy Discover SGH-S730M with many Build IDs to choose from. Here’s our personal pick: IMM76D.S730MVLALJ5.
The benefits of this procedure
The dedicated app is powered by an SRS Server. Apart from this, the app will make you happy with new features for your phone. It will also surprise you with root-only apps and the possibility to unroot the device. Your handest comes under this name, too: Samsung Galaxy Discover TracFone SGH-S730G for Net10 and Straight Talk. The CPU inside it is 800 MHz Cortex-A5. The rooting will soon deliver an improved performance for the processor. There are plenty of customization options and custom ROMs to look forward to. These are joined by battery tweaks and these: superuser and admin permission. The Android 4.0.4 ICS on your phone will stay. No matter the Android version, the SRSRoot will keep it where it is.
A piece of advice now: only update a rooted gadget if you’re aware of what this means. Which is the following: a deleted system partition and a revoked root access. What the upgrade doesn’t do is affect important data. Safe from harm are the device’s internal / external SD cards, too. On the other hand, the rooting will revoke the warranty. This isn’t that big of a deal; the warranty will be revoked if the right guide for your smartphone is used.
To properly deliver the goodies above, your handset needs these requirements:
- open this link on your laptop’s browser;
- once the page is launched, you will see some USB drivers which need to be downloaded on the laptop;
- install them next on the same device;
- the battery of your phone will have to be charged if it displays low charge levels;
- to help protect the phone’s data, backups must be created;
- go on by creating a full NANDroid backup;
- the laptop used today must have Windows;
- while you’re performing the rooting, make sure the phone’s security programs aren’t running;
- the laptop’s very own security programs should also be deactivated while the rooting’s going on;
- USB Debugging has to be activated on your samsung Galaxy Discover SGH-S730M.
Step by step instructions
From here on, everything will go smoothly. If it doesn’t, you have a comment box at the end of the post. You can leave your questions there and we’ll help.
- But for now, here are our rooting steps. As far as the first one goes, download the SRSRoot app on the laptop. Search for the app at this location.
- Have you found a download button at that address? In case you have, be sure to click on said button. Wait for the file to be downloaded. Once done, install it on your computer.
- The same app will have to be opened on the laptop. After the latter goes through this, tap Unknown Sources. This option should be located under Settings. After you find it there and activate it, you’ll have to move on.
- Continue the guide by enabling this: USB Debugging. The activation once completed, you should do this: enable a plugging between the Samsung SGH-S730M and laptop. Help for this step is offered by the handset’s USB cable.
- When this tool’s helped connect your devices to one another, you’ll be asked to do the following: begin the long-awaited rooting. In order to transition to this phase, use Root Device (All Methods).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Tap the latter, then wait a bit. Waiting time shouldn’t be more than 15 minutes. The second you have to wait more than suggested, repeat the steps and everything will be fine.
- After it’s rooted, end the guide by rebooting the Galaxy Discover SGH-S730M. This action needs you to tap the appropriate option; which is as follows: Reboot System Now. The phone will restart in a matter of seconds.
As soon as it is done with the previous procedure, your handset can reveal the goodies we noted above. Take them for a spin. If they’re not what you expected, turn to the SRSRoot for help. The app will then get you rid of the root access.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.