Very good news people: your T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant can be updated so that it uses Android 2.2 Froyo from this moment on. It took quite a while for this to finally happen, so keep your eyes peeled.
Good things come to those who wait, right? So, with this in mind, here’s how to gran the update for yourselves, too, with the aid of this guide. We promise it’s not rocket science to follow it and it won’t make you waste all of your day.
to root it
If the Vibrant in your hands has already gone through a rooting phase, all you need to do is flash a custom ROM on it.
- But if your phone hasn’t experienced such a procedure since you’ve bought it, first step is to use a PC with Windows OS installed on it, then move on to the backing up of your handset next.
- Step number two is asking you to download the (also called KIES) and after that save the file on your laptop for later use. Now execute the .exe file via the usual Windows method.
- Step three will guide you to do as follows: after you do the actions in the previous step, some prompts will appear; you must follow them so that you can move on to the next step.
- The fourth step needs you to setup your phone. Access the Menu > Settings > Applications > USB Settings. When you’re in that last option, choose Ask on Connection and perform a connection between the laptop and the phone via the USB cord which belongs to the latter device.
- Step number five is going to require you to wait till Samsung Kies appears on the handset. When it does, choose it.
- For the sixth step you have to wait till the appropriate driver installation is over. When that happens at long las, it’s time to perform the actual Froyo update.
How to update it
This new procedure on the menu also requires some steps.
- The first one looks like this: access your computer then start Samsung Kies.
- Step number two is going to make you an option marked asPhone Upgrade.
- The last step requires you to look for on-screen messages right away. After you spot all of them, you need to do what they instruct you to. They play a very important role in the process, because they are the ones to finalize the update for you.
We hope our two “How to” posts are of help to every single owner of the Samsung Galaxy Vibrant. If you wish to update the phone to the Android 2.2 Froyo OS, now’s your chance. Good luck and enjoy your updated Samsung Vibrant!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.