One thing that can be said about LG’s Revolution is that it cannot compete with the company’s newest handsets. And not by far, we might add. And yet, there are many who like it and get it for their personal use. So for those in particular we conceived a guide on how to root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on it. That way, the handset is going to be capable of much more than it currently is.
To make sure that this tutorial addresses the right model, you need to check if your LG Revolution is the one that uses the Android Gingerbread OS and also the one which works closely with Verizon. Should your operating system be older, no problem; you can always get an upgrade with the help of the following: .
Then get the drivers that are needed for such a device on your laptop. For the latter you have to run LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.3.1.exe from a folder we’ll indicate in step 1 of our guide below.
If you think you are all set, our method of both rooting and installing this smartphone with CWM Recovery can now start.
- Step number one requests of you the following operation: download , then unzip the LGRevoAllinOnePkg.zip archive to a dedicated directory. The location of this folder must be your laptop, don’t forget.
- Step number two instructs you to activate a option called USB Debugging: make this possible by locating Settings on the Revolution, after which you need to click on Application followed by Development.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For step number three you are required to select an option located near the one that is called USB Debugging.
- The fourth step urges you to take the two devices and connect them to one another as follows: grab hold of the smartphone’s microUSB cable and plug the handset to the comp with its help.
- Now go to the LGRevoAllinOnePkg. Once there, the fifth step will recommend you to find a file named Root&RecoveryAIO.bat and then execute it.
- Wait for a couple of seconds until you see Option 1 on the display. When you do, choose it.
- Step number seven goes as follows: certain prompts are going to appear on the device’s display, so all you need to do at this stage is to follow them and the phone will soon begin the rooting phase.
- One small tip before we end our tutorial: choose Option 2 followed by the pressing of Enter should you wish to simultaneously root the phone and install ClockworkMod Recovery at the end of the process.
Great, now everything is all done. Your LG Revolution only needs you to try out the CWM Recovery and revel in its advantages.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.