Your Oppo Find 5 can benefit a lot from this opportunity: a tutorial on how to update it to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with PACman Custom ROM.
This is firmware which bases itself on a stock Android version; which means great stuff to be experienced. And there are no useless apps to deal with. The tool whose help we seek today includes all the features that make ParanoidAndroid, AOKP and other superb ROMs popular.
that you should do now in preparation for the guide is to read these extra important pre-requisites:
- have a rooted Oppo Find 5;
- look up TeamWin Recovery Project or ClockworkMod Recovery and flash one of them on your smartphone;
- create a backup so that you will not lose the important content stored on your handset after the guide ends;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- flash USB drivers appropriate for this model on your comp;
- look at the battery unit to see whether or not it asks for a full charge.
The tutorial on how to update your Oppo Find 5 to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version is coming up next. Follow the steps below to complete it without a flaw.
How to flash PACman on Oppo Find 5
- Turn your notebook on, then search the following: Google Apps archive from and package. These two need to then be downloaded and saved on your PC.
- After you do that, you need to plug the handset to your laptop and turn on mass storage mode on the latter; when done, copy and paste the packages from their location to the phone’s integrated SD card root, then make the smartphone reach Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power at the same time.
- If you are in the Recovery Mode, then you will be asked this: create a NANDroid backup by opting for Backup&Restore and then selecting Backup.
- Wait for the process to end, then opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Next: choose Wipe Cache Partition and, after you complete these two wiping tasks, you will have to choose Install zip from memory card. Then continue by opting for Choose zip from memory card.
- You are going to need to do the following now: with the help of the buttons for volume, you have to find the PACman ROM package. Opt for this with Power; have the action confirmed by clicking Yes and then have some patience.
- The tool has just been installed on your Oppo Find 5, so you should now also install the Google Apps package by repeating the tasks you performed for the flashing of the PACman custom ROM.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]If the two files are where they need to be, the phone is going to take you to the Recovery one more time, so be sure to do this once that happens: choose the option dedicated to the system restarting. The device shall boot into the PAC home screen soon after you do that. And there you have it: your handset is now upgraded to the latest Android OS version. Which translates into this: a very generous set of customization options for your device.
NOTE: In case you feel like wanting to return to the phone’s old ROM because the new one does not satisfy you, you have to perform this short and easy set of instructions: boot your Oppo Find 5 into the Recovery Mode, choose Backup&Restore and follow this task by opting for the ROM you wish to see back on your favorite smartphone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.