When there exists no official custom ROM to aid you do an update to your gadget, the next best thing is to do it all by hand with certain software.
If your WiFi Galaxy Note 10.1 unlocked international version GT-N8010 calls for an official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean operating system update, then you need to use something labeled N8010XXBLK9.
this guide to go as you want it to, first you need to activate the USB Debugging, create a backup, charge the battery of the tablet and give up on every single security tool pre-installed on it and the laptop you have to use for this tutorial. Which laptop must run Windows.
- First step to ensure your device gets updated to the Jelly Bean operating system requires you to on your computer. Now you need to download both and Odin 3.07 on the comp. Unzip the update archive to your laptop, switch the Note 10.1 GT-N8010 off and restart the tablet into Download Mode.
- Step number 2 needs you to enter that mode like this: keep selected for about 5 seconds the keys for Volume Down and Power and start the Odin application on your computer.
- For the third step the action to perform is the following: plug the gadget to the comp and get the the former into the Download Mode.
- Step 4: wait for ID:COM area to change its color to yellow.
- Step five: “Added” is going to appear on the screen and you have to opt for PDA from Odin. After that: select the update archive and tap on Start.
- Step six is the start of the update procedure on your WiFi Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010. Another operation you need to go through to ensure a successful update is the following.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 7 asks you to see if “PASS” comes on the display of the tablet. When it does, take the USB cable out. Restart your device and that’s it.
The thing with such procedures is that there might be problems coming along the way. But solutions to end them are always close at hand.
In the case of an infinite boot loop, do as follows: reboot the device using the keys for Power and Volume Up and waiting for the Recovery Mode to make its entrance. Now choose both Factory Reset/Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition. Lastly, operate the following: opt for +++go back+++ and tap on Reboot System Now.
Should you experience Odin refusing to work, here’s what to do. First phase: close it, unplug the gadget from the comp and switch the tablet off. Phase two: take its battery out, put it back in and do again what you did for the tutorial above.
At the end of our guide, your Samsung WiFi Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 will be updated to the latest’s official Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OS.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.