Owners of Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 have been on the lookout for how to update this model with Android 4.2.2 XWUBMG1 Jelly Bean official firmware.
Lucky for them, we have just the thing. Our tutorial will introduce you to everything there is to know in preparation for the procedure.
of which: let’s make some room for the requirements below:
- if your smartphone is carrier locked, use the variant which isn’t tied up to a carrier;
- use, for the guide, the S4 I9500 that is factory unlocked;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the battery of the phone;
- create backups via this tutorial;
- flash, on the notebook, USB drivers created for the handset.
How to flash XWUBMG1 on I9500
- Now download Odin tool 3.07 from here and (file name: I9500XWUBMG1_I9500ODDBMG1_INU.zip) on your comp. Unzip the packages by way of a tool specialized in such things; then you should wait patiently for Odin3 v3.07.exe and then for .tar.md5 files to appear.
- As soon as you’ve checked their presence on the laptop, you should do this: turn the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 off and enter it in Download Mode; the perfect way to achieve this task: press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down and Home, press Power after that and do it till you see the handset power itself on again and then press Volume Up to complete the mission.
- Your PC should now run the Odin as Admin and afterwards you have to plug the I9500 to it.
- A successful connection between the two is when either of these happens: “Added!!” comes on the display or an ID:COM box pops yellow. If the plugging simply did not happen, you should use a different USB port or re-install the USB Drivers on the comp.
- Your platter should now be filled with these instructions:
– choose PDA and go for a file with either .md5 or .tar in it;
– tap Phone, select a file that comes with MODEM in its name;
– then click on CSC and opt for a file with CSC inside its name;
– end by tapping PIT and choosing a .pit file.
- Now that you are in Odin, your task should be the following: opt for Re-partition, Auto Reboot and then also enable F. Reset Time (hint: select Re-partition only if you chose the file with the .pit extension above).
- Tap START; the process of flashing the Android XWUBMG1 Jelly Bean official firmware on your Galaxy S4 I9500 is seconds away from beginning.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For the next couple of seconds you should wait; then, when you see the handset restarting and then showing a message that simply reads PASS, you will know it’s time to unplug the phone from the PC.
On your smartphone, verify the presence of the firmware by doing the following: launch Settings on it and after that select About Phone.
NOTE: Here is how you need to proceed if you wish to help your smartphone recover from getting stuck in boot animation: first and foremost enter Recovery Mode, select Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then choose Wipe Cache Partition. Then opt for the system restarting option and wait for the phone to reboot into the firmware that will upgrade it.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.