Today, your Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 (the dual SIM version) gets the chance at an update to none other than this OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
The name of the official firmware which is specifically tailored at your smartphone is XWUAMG1.
update is very easy to perform. What you need is mentioned below:
- create backups via this tutorial;
- use only the phone we chose for this guide;
- use the model that is not only carrier unlocked but also factory unlocked;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the battery;
- open your PC and install on it the USB Drivers that are manufactured for your smartphone alone.
The requirements above are not the only things you should consider before performing the update. There are two zip files that are also compulsory:
- Odin tool v3.07, available for download, here;
- (file name: I9152XWUAMG1_I9152OLBAMF1_XSE.zip);
How to flash XWUAMG1 on Galaxy Mega 5.8
- Your first job is this one: unzip, on your notebook, the files from above. Odin tool v3.07.exe and .tar.md5 are the two specific files which this guide needs, so leave the others be and just concentrate on those two.
- Then enter the Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 into Download Mode; but not before you turn it off. So now do this to go into that Download Mode: press and simultaneously hold Volume Down, Home and Power. The logo of the Android OS will appear and a message reading “!”; so your duty is to press Volume Up to complete the booting into the Download Mode.
- For the next phase, this is the task to do: run, on your laptop, the Odin tool as an Admin. The I9152 now has to be plugged to your notebook and then you should choose PDA and go for the .md5 or the .tar file once the plugging has smoothly happened.
- Then we advise you to do as follows:
- tap Phone and opt for a MODEM file;
- click on CSC and select a file which comes with CSC in the name;
- tap PIT and see if a .pit file appears; if yes, then choose it.
- When the files above have all been chosen – if neither pops on the display, no problem at all -, you should move on by doing the following:
- opt for F. Reset Time;
- check Auto Reboot;
- select Re-partition.
- The Re-partition box is something that we recommend you to check only if you selected the file with the .pit extension.
- The flashing of the XWUAMG1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 based firmware will begin after you tap START and then wait for the process to reach the end. As soon as the latter happens, the Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 is going to start all over again and you can, once it does that, disconnect it from your PC.
- The moment your devices are plugged to one another no more, you should head over to the handset’s Settings; then, as you reach that location, make sure to open the option that reads “About phone“. You will soon see with your own two eyes the update firmware installed on your GT-I9152. And the update will be all ready to explore.
NOTE: Problems happen any time. If your Samsung I9152 experiences the issue of getting stuck in a pesky boot animation, prepare for the following explanation on how to get rid of that particular problem:
- go to the Recovery Mode;
- perform Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- perform Wipe Cache Partition;
- choose the restarting option of your handset (it is called “Reboot System Now” in case you don’t see it).
Crisis averted! Move along and feast your eyes on the novel things brought by the update.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.