Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos GT-I9502 is in for a treat today, mainly: how to update it to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with ZNUAMDG firmware. This tool is official, so you don’t have to worry that you’ll run into bugs or anything of the sort.
made that clear, you do need to check out these requirements: always use a phone that is factory unlocked, find USB Drivers that are appropriate for this phone and flash them on your laptop, charge the battery of the S4 Duos I9502 so that you avoid problems later on, turn on USB debugging on the handset and make backups in order to keep all your important data once the procedure is completed.
To get root access back on your device after the update is installed, you need to find, on our site, a guide on how to root this particular model.
Having made all of the above clear, let’s see what steps are in order for a correct update on your S4 I9502.
- The first step should proceed like this: download together with Odin tool v3.07.
- Step two will need you to extract the first archive and then to turn the handset off.
- The third step that comes afterwards will ask you to boot the device into Download Mode like this: press + hold, at the same time though, Home, Volume Down and Power; after Android’s logo is spotted on the screen of the I9502 (plus a triangle as well), you should let go of these keys and press Power.
- Step four: the phone is now in Download Mode, so you need to move on by launching the Odin archive on your PC.
- For the fifth step we recommend the following actions: plug the smartphone to your laptop, then wait for one of the ID:COM logo to change its color to yellow and a number (the COM port) to pop; these two will show you that the devices are well connected.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step six will prompt you to opt for a couple of files as shown below:
– a file with CODE as part of its name (you will get to see it and choose it after you click on PDA);
– a file with MODEM in its own name (click on Phone, the select the said file);
– a file that you will see called CSC (it is going to appear once you click on CSC; opt for it afterwards);
– a file better known as .pit (click on PIT to see it, then select it).
If none of the files from above appears, not to worry. Now check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot (if, however, the .pit file was spotted, you should activate Repartition, too).
- Step number seven will ask you the following: click on Start, wait for the flashing to happen, then for the S4 Duos GT-I9502 to restart.
- Disconnect it from your laptop after its home screen appears. The I9502 is currently boasting the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Which is all due to official firmware better known under its ZNUAMDG name.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.